The Sentinels You said you're leaving, you're going away
Pledged
Party City
1,546 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie shook her head, frowning. He doesn't trust me. Or respect me, I think. Not anymore, The more she spoke aloud, the more settled she felt. There was less grief in her. Relief was beginning to take its place in full. I - I have limits, you know? And I tried to tell him that. I tried to tell him that I can't wait for him again, but I think - I think he just thought I was trying to control him. He didn't take it seriously.
And then I told him that I would wait for him, She said bitterly, hating herself for it now. Because - I can't handle losing him, either. That's going to break me too, I can feel it. I - I don't think I'm - worth being respected, when I'm with him. I try to stand up for myself, and I try to stay true to myself, but in the end I always throw it away for him.
And now - I don't even know if he wants me. He was so angry, Reverie let out a breath. I don't know if I want him. I'm so relieved. I'm just - relieved that I don't have to try to explain anymore, or ask questions and only get non-answers. She paused, and laughed slightly. The funny part is, I still don't know why he was angry. I still don't know why he's upset with me. I just know that he is, and he won't say it.
Maybe... this will be good for me, She added after a moment, shifting slightly away from Bridget's embrace to think out loud. I always thought that - things would be different with Lestan, because he never thought I was a problem the way everyone else does. But he still ended up hating me for it - the way everyone else does. Maybe this is what I need to finally change something.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You said you're leaving, you're going away - by Reverie - July 27, 2023, 07:11 AM