Hushed Willows oneiropólisi
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She could see how her words affected him; he knew them, then, and selfishly Reverie could only think of how none of them had mentioned him at all. The widow had asked that she watch for her son — but nothing of Everett, who had given himself over to the search for a child that was not his own. She wondered briefly about the ones he'd brought to the island, the children who had nearly been her own, but only for a moment. They were not, in the end, hers. And she was beginning to understand the importance of that.

She nodded when he asked whether she'd been able to help, but spoke no more of the wolves who had abandoned her brother. Instead she opted to answer his last question with a breathless, nervous little laugh; Oh, I fell off a cliff. I um -

Wait.

His eyes were on her, on the small curve of her belly. Reverie took in a slow breath, a faint smile on her lips. Yeah, She said, laughing again. I'm pregnant. Again. Boone and I - we're married now. It - it's different this time. We're happy together. We take care of each other.

It's a good life, And she meant that; it was good to have a place to call her own, a husband who wasn't afraid of his love for her, a future to look forward to. It can be yours, too. You don't have to go back to that island. Reverie, too, had left him once. But it'd been different. He'd had others, Evander and all the rest. This time he'd had no one at all.

She would never let him be alone again.
Messages In This Thread
oneiropólisi - by Everett - January 30, 2024, 12:59 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Reverie - January 30, 2024, 01:13 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Everett - January 31, 2024, 01:14 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Reverie - January 31, 2024, 01:19 PM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 12:36 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Reverie - February 01, 2024, 11:32 AM