the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She could smell who had been found. Found and—

Killed. 

The solitary word in of itself was enough to cause Hydra's gaze shift to something more severe, ears cupped toward the pretty young girl. Blood in the water. His. Only his? She asked next, and after a moment of dark consideration, Hydra determined: I need to see. If there is a killer in our midst, your father will have his retribution, even in death, and, knowing there was nothing quite like the motivation of vengeance, she encouraged: I will need your help. Are you a fighter like your father was, Isilme? 

She did not hope for a smile—she hoped to stabilize. To ground the girl. To give her something to do with her grief other than let it fester. They would not weep over loss—they would destroy the cause of it, if possible, and in this instance it seemed so. Blood meant he had not drowned; it was not natures will, then, but of another. Cougar, wolf, bear... whatever it might have been, Hydra thought of her children—

Dragomir and Isilme were among them, now, too. Moonspear. Yes, whatever the cause, they would, sooner or later, see to its inevitable end.

The young mercenary's daughter answered her in turn, and led Hydra to the body of her father. Hydra was thorough in her investigation, but by now the scents of those that had done this were gone with the water his bloated body had been resting in. Hydra frowned at that; no nose was keen enough to work around natures cleansing. With a sigh, Hydra revealed as much to Isilme, candid, but finished with: the truth has a way of coming out—I will come to know who his killer is, sooner or later. Or perhaps you will catch wind of such a thing first. It is easier said than done, but we must be patient. In any event, it would be wise for you to keep to Moonspear for a time. Hydra had seen the body and knew one thing for certain: this was not done by cougar, or bear... but wolf. She cared for the wellbeing of Dragomir and Isilme, and knew she would need to teach them how to defend themselves should this wolf be a menace to the Teekons.  

Come, she drawled, gesturing to her side. Let us plot on how we will avenge your father, she offered, knowing that nothing quite inspired the quick turnaround of sadness like something productive to do with it that turned the terrible feeling into something that could be dealt with in a tangible way. Together, the two returned to Moonspear. 

fading and pp with permission <3
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
for neither ever, nor never - by Isilmë - October 10, 2019, 09:19 AM
RE: for neither ever, nor never - by Hydra - October 10, 2019, 11:58 AM
RE: for neither ever, nor never - by Isilmë - October 11, 2019, 05:31 AM
RE: for neither ever, nor never - by Hydra - October 11, 2019, 01:30 PM
RE: for neither ever, nor never - by Isilmë - October 11, 2019, 01:44 PM
RE: for neither ever, nor never - by Hydra - October 11, 2019, 03:01 PM