Broken Antler Fen winter will feed on the warmth of your things
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to the girl, eloquent despite her youth. I made no mention of where they were, she drawled, neither denying nor confirming the whereabouts of the children. That was for them to disclose; Hydra herself would not risk them, not knowing so little of Dacio and Praimfaya. One seems honorable enough, and the other young. Youth often aligned with foolishness; looser lips than most, childrens. You could learn much from them. Nor do I ask for you to search for them; I was heard well that day, she glanced to Dacio here, and she nods to him in thanks for listening to her advisement, before she finishes, gaze falling back to Praimfaya: only if you had seen them. 

She only searched for one at this point; Isilme had not been seen in some time. All signs pointed to her own willful departure, but if there was any foul play Hydra wanted to be sure she was aware of it to make the culprit responsible pay the price. It seemed that this was not the case; Dacio and Praimfaya revealed nothing to indicate otherwise, and Praimfaya's concern seemed to suggest the contrary. 

Hydra did not desire to play any for a fool. The less others knew, the less could be discovered by those they did not want to. Praimfaya goes on to establish her own relationship to the children, but seeing what their own blood had already done to them meant their argument this day swayed her very little. Aurewen had abandoned them despite bloodties, disowning them. Hydra did not seek to intimidate Praimfaya here; on Praimfaya's lands, that was the last thing she sought to do. 

If that is so, then I imagine they will find you in time. The truth is this: our common enemy seeks them. I do not know if they are simply hunters of children, or if their grievance is personal—I do not care to know. They are a threat to my children. Of course within Moonspear they are safe, but someday, they will be old enough to roam. I cannot be everywhere, much as I would like to be... came her rejoinder, looking from one wolf to the other for indication of understanding. Hydra did not think them dense wolves by any means, but she would find out if such was the case now. Dragomir and Isilme were old enough to wander, after all. And she would not shackle them to the mountain; she could only warn them. Now. I am a preventative woman. When there is a threat to me or mine, I would much rather be rid of it than let it linger. Blackhead knows of you, and likely your relation to the children given her desire to see what you might do in retribution for... Verx, a moniker for his name, she imagined; less of a mouthful than the name he had given her. It is why I advised you not pursue them; if you are being watched, you might inadvertently give her the knowledge she seeks. And not just her, it seems, she supplied, gaze drifting to Dacio. For after their own encounter, she had learned from Vengeance that the plot only seemed to thicken. She is accompanied by the wolf who killed him—Verx. Not of Easthollow, as it turns out, an ear flicked, recalling what Dacio had shared with her.

And in the nature of prevention, I would like them dead. Hydra would keep this Wilderness safe; but as she herself said, she could not be everywhere at once. In this task, she wanted all the teeth that would help her bring these beings to an end.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
winter will feed on the warmth of your things - by Dirge - October 30, 2019, 07:02 PM
RE: winter will feed on the warmth of your things - by Hydra - November 02, 2019, 05:13 PM
RE: winter will feed on the warmth of your things - by Dirge - November 12, 2019, 11:37 AM
RE: winter will feed on the warmth of your things - by Dacio - November 14, 2019, 03:35 PM
RE: winter will feed on the warmth of your things - by Hydra - November 20, 2019, 02:06 PM