Moonspear hopes and dreams, they will collide
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her ears fanned backward when Dirge spoke of seeing his sister, and Hydra withdrew to better look at him to see how he felt on the matter. Hydra had seen the she-wolf but once in passing, though had not known it was her when watching he and she from the mountains upper reaches... and when he spoke of her being with Mahler and his wolves, Hydra wondered how he felt. But he explained further, and Hydra found her heart warm as he did. He did not need to do that, but she came to realize he implicitly was able to realize all that she felt by now as surely as she could him. 

A heavy sigh released the burdensome thoughts from her shoulders and she lifted a measure, withholding from pressing closer so as to not tempt him; this time of the year she was more snappish than most, though the beginnings of it at least she was more complacent. I have been so selfish Dirge, she looked up at him now, I—how are you? How is she? With everything that went on... she had hardly thought of how he might feel, and he surely had been stepping on eggshells around it all. Hydra still felt the hurt of her parents loss keenly, and felt safe enough to speak with him on such matters... but she had never thought to ask after him in that time in between, and she felt horrible for it. 

Perhaps for the first time in her life, Hydra averted her gaze and softly said: I am sorry, for many things, truly. For that, for being less present for him when he likely may have needed her... granted, that had been but a few days ago but still. Her own hormones were shifting, and for the moment it all worked in his favor. She knew of his love for traveling, and felt guilty, too, for keeping him rooted here... though she had an idea. 

Perhaps in the Summer, we can take a vacation to the coast with the children. I imagine some of them might have inherited your inclination to scout; you could teach them, she smiled at the thought. There was much to learn for them even still, young as they were, and even still imagining him with them thrilled her and made her heart happy. But then in that way he could do what he loved, and share it with those that they loved if he so desired to; Hydra had no desire to clip his wings, though her mind still feared betrayal subconsciously during this season.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - December 31, 2019, 12:06 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 01, 2020, 11:50 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 08, 2020, 10:57 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 08, 2020, 01:45 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 08, 2020, 02:29 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 08, 2020, 02:46 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 14, 2020, 02:31 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 15, 2020, 10:50 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 23, 2020, 09:54 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - January 26, 2020, 10:45 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - January 29, 2020, 07:52 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - February 01, 2020, 09:22 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - February 05, 2020, 09:44 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - February 09, 2020, 10:06 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - February 12, 2020, 03:37 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - February 29, 2020, 08:30 AM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - March 03, 2020, 01:57 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - March 30, 2020, 05:33 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Hydra - April 29, 2020, 09:31 PM
RE: hopes and dreams, they will collide - by Dirge - May 06, 2020, 12:10 AM