Moonspear my throat feels raw from all this screaming
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
sorry y'all! should be better about timely replies in february

Hydra was pleased when Moonspear's young joined her, and glad, too, when Desdemona soon joined their ranks. This would be a good lesson for her cub and those that had newly entered the ranks of their now fellow adults. Desdemona meant an extra eye and a good set of teeth for the show and tell that would ensue. The matriarch chuffs to those among her and offers them excited, comradely nudges and nips to further bolster the excitement in the air. 

She presumed others would come to meet them soon, given the size of Moonspears terrain; those nearest arrived swiftly, and they could begin their tracking work, at least. Letting Isilme catch her breath and regarding her son with a nod, Hydra looks to the path ahead. They had some weeks ago had the fortune of felling a mountain goat, but even they had been elusive and beyond that large game had yet to make such a return other than the lone doe she had taken down during the whiteout. This was promising; never had such a trail been detected in all her months of searching. 

We are near, she revealed, wondering if Dragomir and Isilme were wise to this. Hydra had much to teach them of the hunt, along with her own children—other than small game, there had not been the opportunity. For now, the goal is to see them. Suss them out. Weakness in our prey is not always obvious to start with. The beginnings of the hunt is to harass and harry and to get them to be on the move so as to determine which among them is the weak link. We separate the weak from the strong, but even then keep away from its striking zone. A solid hit to the head can be deadly; anywhere else sometimes crippling. Its striking zones are here, she moved to point them out on Desdemona; its strong hinds, and powerful forelegs. It is best when hunting to not approach from behind; rather from the side. Good areas to go for are the shoulder; get a good grip and you can weigh it down, slow it... but release whenever it is too much, and return when you are restored. Any questions? she hummed, ears fanning toward those present. Hydra was patient, knowing that a majority among her was green in this realm.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - January 27, 2020, 09:20 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - February 03, 2020, 09:47 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Isilmë - February 12, 2020, 11:43 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - February 19, 2020, 11:10 AM