Moonspear my throat feels raw from all this screaming
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Rolled hunt success; this round will be the follow / harass and harry bit!

They seemed to understand, and there were no further questions. Hydra drawled, follow my lead. For they would be closing in shortly. 

Again Hydra was on the move, her strides lengthening. They had a mile or so to go before they arrived, and the trail only became more promising. And then, as they arrived near a clearing—still in a forest, themselves—Hydra saw them. Typically Hydra would not have paused near the clearing, but today she did to reveal: we want them to see us, to feel uneasy. This is not small game where we want to crouch and stay hidden when we hunt them. For the hunting itself, our prey needs to be moving. But while they are still, we can survey them; test them. While it is wise to trail them downwind so they will not leave where they linger before we arrive, once we are in this proximity, being noticed is only a matter of time unless your sole goal is to simply track them... in that case, keep out of sight. Now, come with me, she encourages with a wave of her plume as she regards them. 

It was then Hydra broke free from the clearing; one doe, then two, lifted their heads to regard her approach. Hydra was direct in her approach of the herd, and soon enough others too heeded their arrival. She paused for a moment, foreleg held in the air as she sniffed at the air, and she moved again; her path arced as her eyes focused entirely on the herd before her. Though all had been relatively still before, there was a newfound tension in the air as predator inspected prey. The sound and scent of uncertainty, of trepidation and fear, eminated from them; hoof-stamping, and the flair of their tails. It would not be long now—

one broke. And then, the others followed in short order; the vocalisations continued between the herd, and Hydra's haunches coiled as she followed after them. The matriarch followed behind them, eyes on the movements of the herd and looking for any irregularities. As with most things, it was not that easy to simply see, at least not yet—but some miles more and the worn members of the herd would reveal themselves, should there be any. The younger member of the packs with their energy levels could give the herd a tough, exhausting run—Hydra remembered her own instinct bid she do so, though for the time she conserved her own energy as she gave chase. 

She did bridge the gap with one temporarily as a brief show-and-tell to snap, loosely, at a hind before falling back some to be out of its reach and watch for its reaction. Fear made these animals prone to make mistakes, but this one remained on its feet and increased its pace, leaving another herd member in its place that continued to press on itself.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - January 27, 2020, 09:20 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - February 03, 2020, 09:47 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Isilmë - February 12, 2020, 11:43 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - February 19, 2020, 11:10 AM
RE: my throat feels raw from all this screaming - by Hydra - March 11, 2020, 11:24 AM