Firefly Glen meet in the middle,
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When he came into view, she marveled at her own emotions. 

Her hormones heightened everything, though this she was not all too keenly aware of then and there. The days following this one would be one long blur, one that blended into the next, though this particular day would be remembered well by her. These hours, she would still have her head—but her heart, for these same hours, would dictate the encounter to be had it seemed. 

Hydra had missed him. Her resentment once doubled due to this, but no longer did. He hopefully by now understood her grievance had been his leaving without a word more than his leaving at all; but in knowing he was alive, and well, she at the very least had the opportunity to forgive him. And that he could be granted, given he had listened and not ran from her call for him. His reticent approach warmed Hydra's heart further, somehow; likely because one surefire way to her heart was to cater to her pride. 

His show of affection, brief but heartfelt and rare, was met by the matriarch sweeping to her feet to nose him in turn. Hydra would not have him think she hated him; she did not. Disappointed in his actions? Certainly. But he, as family, would be forgiven quicker than most. Than any, really—Hydra was not a forgiving creature, and less inclined to do so when hurt. The loss of Charon and Amekaze had matured Hydra in at least one way, though: for those that had made honest mistakes of her family, well... she could try and work at looking past them. Give them one more chance. She had done so with Arcturus, and was glad for it. 

She elected to have some faith in her brother, and her gaze was warmer upon him. 

Her tail swayed some as she regarded him. A cursory sniff revealed no sign of the Nightwalkers upon him, which was interesting... where had he gone off to, then? What sort of things had he discovered? Brother, she greeted, verbal at last so he could know for certain she had not removed him from their family tree as she had the [late] Korei Julia—who, as it so happened, she had managed to eliminate entirely—and also, to reveal she was in no foul mood. I am going into my season any day now. There will be new males beyond that might pursue me for my scent; I ask that you protect the Wilderness surrounding Moonspear to keep them away, she requested in a low hum. Oh, to be sure this was a task Dirge could and would handle himself... and that went without saying—but she tasked Revui with this as well, as a way for him to again work toward restoring her faith in him.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
meet in the middle, - by Hydra - February 26, 2020, 04:28 PM
RE: meet in the middle, - by Revui (Ghost) - February 26, 2020, 04:31 PM
RE: meet in the middle, - by Hydra - February 26, 2020, 05:19 PM
RE: meet in the middle, - by Revui (Ghost) - February 26, 2020, 05:23 PM
RE: meet in the middle, - by Hydra - February 26, 2020, 05:53 PM
RE: meet in the middle, - by Revui (Ghost) - February 26, 2020, 06:07 PM
RE: meet in the middle, - by Hydra - February 26, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: meet in the middle, - by Revui (Ghost) - February 26, 2020, 07:01 PM
RE: meet in the middle, - by Hydra - February 27, 2020, 12:16 PM
RE: meet in the middle, - by Revui (Ghost) - March 01, 2020, 05:05 PM