Altar of Twilight butter and biscuits for your meal
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
LorT I THOUGHT I HAD REPLIED TO U. PLS FORGIVE ME FOR THIS HEINOUS ERROR. maybe we can wrap this up and have a newer one where i doNT FAIL SOMEDAY

If you can conquer a volcano, she drawled, great things must await you in your future. Sooner or later, you will arrive to what I speak of, she imagined aloud. It was an ambitious thing to do as he did; she remembered the day she had seen smoke rise in the distance, when the Sleeping Dragon had awoken. At least that was what she had assumed had caused the great fires and smoke months ago. The matriarch was sure that this wolf before her knew of the dangers his road ahead held, and would not waste his time to have him hear what he surely had heard a dozen times before. 

As for what she sought? Peace, she admitted, her head looking to him, a world in which I need not fear for my children, and they not fear for theirs when the time comes for them. A lofty goal of her own, to be sure, but she would see it done. Hydra understood by now that for peace to come, first, there must be blood and chaos. There was no calm before this apocalyptic storm—not for her, anyway—only the storm; the quiet and the calm would come, but only after it all had come to an end. 

For her to know peace, she must know her enemies had found said end. A long journey. An arduous one. But she was a resilient, tenacious woman. Hydra would see to it. 

She looked beyond him, knowing she would not find that peace here; for by now, Hydra understood that same enemy was not here. I will leave you to your search, she hummed, I hope you find your volcano. And all the greatness that came after. With that, she turned on her heel to go, appreciative of their encounter if only because she remembered what it was, exactly, that she wanted. One ear backturned to listen for him should he say anything else, or seek to engage her further.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
butter and biscuits for your meal - by Astaroth - March 13, 2020, 08:41 PM
RE: butter and biscuits for your meal - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 10:11 PM
RE: butter and biscuits for your meal - by Astaroth - March 17, 2020, 02:52 PM
RE: butter and biscuits for your meal - by Hydra - March 19, 2020, 11:41 AM
RE: butter and biscuits for your meal - by Astaroth - March 19, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: butter and biscuits for your meal - by Hydra - March 24, 2020, 02:31 PM
RE: butter and biscuits for your meal - by Astaroth - March 26, 2020, 07:14 PM
RE: butter and biscuits for your meal - by Hydra - April 09, 2020, 10:44 AM
RE: butter and biscuits for your meal - by Astaroth - April 18, 2020, 04:05 AM
RE: butter and biscuits for your meal - by Hydra - June 16, 2020, 11:35 AM