Moonspear why is my spirit so silver and pale
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was quite pleased with herself as Alya said so; in her own eyes, there was nothing wrong with that. And from Alya, the words were far from an insult, no matter the tone. More at ease now, she had resumed eating and savored the taste of the snack her sister had brought to her. Though she was not aware of it, Alya was relearning the very same lesson Hydra had all that time ago... but even none of her friends had stung her as Arcturus had.

Her own brother. How could he? 

Back and forth she went, though soon enough her emotions would stabilize on the matter. For now, she was more than content to not think of it, or him, at all. Things were quiet and peaceful both, for a time. Let it last a while longer. Her sisters suggestion was not missed, and she again paused in her meal to regard her sister. That might be good for them, she hummed. They should learn of scouting, and the importance of it... it is in our blood, she drawled, gaze drifting up to her sister; she was the scout of the family, though Dirge had his own moments of wanderlust, too. Hydra did like to take a trip now and then, but here, ultimately, was where her heart was. With her family; the ones that had never left. The ones buried here, too, that never would. Comforting, that thought was now. Perhaps another of her children might find their passion.

Having resumed gnawing at her snack (most of it stripped away by now), Hydra swallowed another few bites. Her thoughts drifted some, to the dream she had with their father. Much was on her mind; she had not the outlet, then, to release it as she usually would. Running, sparring, hunting; she stretched a little, thinking on her sisters words, and sighed. I wish I could come, she lamented. As one of her cubs mewled, Hydra looked to them. This part of motherhood she detested; they were so dependent that she could not leave for more than a few minutes to relieve herself, or drink from the shallow, lazy stream that trickled nearby.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Alya - May 21, 2020, 02:18 PM
RE: why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Hydra - May 21, 2020, 02:28 PM
RE: why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Alya - May 21, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Mira - May 21, 2020, 05:47 PM
RE: why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Hydra - May 21, 2020, 06:50 PM
RE: why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Alya - May 21, 2020, 09:54 PM
RE: why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Hydra - May 21, 2020, 10:23 PM
RE: why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Alya - May 21, 2020, 10:34 PM
RE: why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Hydra - May 21, 2020, 11:01 PM
RE: why is my spirit so silver and pale - by Alya - May 22, 2020, 12:45 AM