Moonspear like the vapor of a vale
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to her subordinate, pride swelling to hear all that was said. Unwittingly or not, Tehama had earned Hydra's favor in appealing to her ego. In the matriarchs eyes she felt that Tehama could see things quite keenly, and the woman could not help but hope her stay would be beyond one of lifes crueler seasons. My pack and my flesh and blood are one of the same to me, Hydra admits in a low breath, turning to look toward the other woman. While she had the benefit of many of her pack being related to her through this, that did not change Hydra's own thoughts on the matter that Moonspear is my family. You among them, she hummed, voice contrasting the frigidity in its warmth. It meant that she would do anything to protect Tehama, too. When Tehama looked to her, Hydra shifted her weight, ears cupping forward to listen even as another sound caused her attention to divide. Ascertaining it was caused by minor prey causing scree to fall passing through, Tehama had the rest of it soon enough.

Indeed, she drawled, a raven-furred, purple-eyed woman attacked my son; she is with a pack called Ursus. And Ursus, I hear, is a troublesome lot at its core. They attack those they believe they can best... children among them. And now there are wolves called the Saints, and I hear they are as loathsome a lot as the former. It would seem they have settled not too far from us, where Ursus is more at a distance. I would like to remove them, she drawled, though we have a common enemy... it was for this reason she had yet to do so, still in the contemplative stage of what was the best course of action that would keep her family safe, as well as the Wilderness. A saying rang in her head: any enemy of my enemy is my friend. But Hydra was not so sure she could befriend any prior to them earning some degree of her trust. 

Licking her chops, she drawled, I would like to think it is known, but fools are known just as well for testing their luck. I would not travel alone, she advised with a sigh. Mmm. We have a decent enough relationship with Neverwinter Forest; an understanding, if you will, that saying again rang in her head. And Mal... well, she did not dislike him as she once had. He seemed to be learning, and at the very least could understand why she was so aggressively protective. One could never be sure who crossed the border when a trespasser came, but with wolves like Ursus and Saints on the loose Hydra would give none the benefit of the doubt. Darwinism at its best, and she oft the deliverer of the worst. And recently, Redhawk Caldera have returned to their own roots. They have good wolves among them; Towhee is my sister, she drawled, voice not without a measure of pride there. Do you enjoy politics,  Tehama? she asked then, reflecting on the womans thoughtfulness to know... and eloquence.

i thiiink this is dated before hydra gets more deetz about saints :thonk: also sry for delay, HOLIDAYSSSSS
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
like the vapor of a vale - by Tehama - November 05, 2020, 06:36 PM
RE: like the vapor of a vale - by Hydra - November 10, 2020, 10:47 PM
RE: like the vapor of a vale - by Tehama - November 17, 2020, 06:34 PM
RE: like the vapor of a vale - by Hydra - December 04, 2020, 10:29 PM
RE: like the vapor of a vale - by Tehama - December 05, 2020, 02:05 PM
RE: like the vapor of a vale - by Hydra - December 14, 2020, 11:05 AM
RE: like the vapor of a vale - by Tehama - December 17, 2020, 08:00 PM
RE: like the vapor of a vale - by Hydra - January 03, 2021, 12:25 AM
RE: like the vapor of a vale - by Tehama - January 19, 2021, 11:25 AM
RE: like the vapor of a vale - by Hydra - January 29, 2021, 01:14 PM