Broken Antler Fen She hangs her head and cries on my shirt
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
"A bit, I guess?" He said in response. Not that it was a terribly unlikely pairing, but it wasn't one that he might have guessed would happen, simply because he knew that Eljay was fairly shy, and that grief had made him even more quiet for quite some time. Maia on the other hand was as friendly as a wolf could get, and had a way of making others feel comfortable in her presence, so she'd likely had the sort of effect on Eljay that he'd potentially needed, to be pulled from his grief. 

But he was more surprised when Wraen guessed that he might be disappointed because she was now taken. Had it seemed that way? And if Wraen thought that- had Maia thought the same thing too? They were sisters, after all, and sisters tended to be able to do things like that. "Oh, uh-" He responded. He did think Maia was pretty- and he'd flirted with her shamlessly when they'd first met...But he'd also been little more than a flirtatious colt who took his chances with every pretty creature he met when he'd been younger. And to a certain extent, he still noticed women, and tried to treat them with care. He might have replied to that observation had Wraen not mentioned, a moment later, that she might not even care. Her comment had been somewhat self-deprecative, and he felt that perhaps she was pointing out what he'd said before- about her not knowing everything. He felt ashamed, but he also did not particularly appreciate the fact that it felt as though that had been a passive-aggressive jab. 

So he didn't comment on that matter, as he would neither acknowledge nor enable passive-aggressive behavior if he could help it. But the question she asked about Fennec was harmless enough, though the answer wasn't exactly simple. "I dunno if I can say for a hundred percent sure that I did, but...I'm trying to." He said. "I think we'll be OK." He said, in conclusion. He didn't want to get into too many details, as he felt perhaps he shouldn't just dump all of his personal baggage on Wraen anymore. It wasn't fair to her. "I think that's how things go anyway...Just a cycle of wrecking things, and then fixing them." He said, giving her a somewhat apologetic, sidelong glance.
Messages In This Thread
She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 09:26 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 22, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 22, 2020, 11:51 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - December 26, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 30, 2020, 03:57 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 31, 2020, 12:42 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 01, 2021, 04:00 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - January 03, 2021, 10:57 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 10, 2021, 11:07 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - January 10, 2021, 03:48 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 10, 2021, 04:23 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 12, 2021, 10:21 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - January 12, 2021, 06:39 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 13, 2021, 04:16 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 14, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 19, 2021, 04:17 PM