Firefly Glen I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if it got that bad
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
A scream, sharp and shrill, was heard but not regarded beyond the turn of one ear to ensure more trouble had not arrived. Blessedly, it had not. One small bout of good fortune, this minute. 

The miserable thing fled when it realized it was outnumbered; Hydra herself was relatively unscathed, having not held on for dear life and acting more the part of harasser than damage dealer. Hydra wanted the thing far from here, and when it moved to depart Hydra, as much as she wished to, did not follow. Her gaze turned to @Eagle, who had taken his own prize from this event. If nothing else, the promise of more food might tempt it. Hydra gave it a long look, and decided at last to put her curiosity to the test. Follow it, she willed of it, perhaps take their eye, too, while you are at it, she drawled. 

The eyes of Conquest were upon her, and Hydra looked to her long enough to ascertain she had not been critically damaged herself. Relief was shortlived as she took in everything around her. And then she was glad for Meerkat being there, despite the horror she had beheld. As her gaze lingered upon Toad, and heard the gurgling of @Keres, Hydra looked to her. No wounds upon her, at least.

Meerkat, find the nearest healer, she commanded gently, aware that Fennec was not of the Glen but recalling that Osiris had spoken to her of another there. Hydra called for @Kukutux and hoped that Meerkat would heed her to find the other; she did not think she would want to stay upon this scene for very long. Hydra next called to @Osiris as well as @Atlas and @Antares to warn them and the rest of the Glen of the animal that sought to escape. Another howl to the subordinates of the Glen that might be near; @Lunaria and @Charles, @Dhalia and @Holland. If it caught a wolf unawares, she fret what it might do. 

All this was quickly done as Hydra took a good look at the massacre before her. 

That was not half so bad as hearing it. 

She was no healer, but she was a warrior. And perhaps the one similiarity to life-bringer and life-taker was when a life was coming to its end—the familiar din of the death rattle. She heard it here not for the first time—her gaze turned to Toad, closest to her, seeing the blood from her nose, from her mouth, and moved to her first and bid Conquest toward her sister, who looked no better. 

Her stomach sank as a dreadful knowing gripped her heart, tore at it. 

Thank you, Toad, she spoke with quiet urgency, though no doubt Conquest might hear this lesson she delivered: I can end this suffering; you will rest with our family, she breathed. Could she understand? It sounded like death was inevitable, and the matriarch was no believer in miracles. Still... Hydra would defer to Toads final wishes, even if was to prolong this final, terrible event, and endure this pain. She would not take the womans autonomy from her, though was prepared to do what she imagined Toad would ask of her—one last mercy, in whatever way she needed.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if it got that bad - by Hydra - January 05, 2021, 09:29 PM