Redhawk Caldera tell the world i'm alive
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He hadn't managed to catch up with the rabbit he'd been tracking, but he had found what he thought was the perfect playing stick along the lake's edge, that he could bring for Towhee's kids. So his day wasn't a total loss, he thought- at least he was contributing somehow. The stick in question was about as long as his foreleg, so he thought it might last for quite some time, depending on how rough the kids were with it. The bark had all been scrubbed away by time spent in the lake, so the sides of it were soft and smoothe and any jabby twigs were worn down to be little more than nubs. A safe toy, he thought; and its pale beige exterior would look so good when it began to get dimpled by sharp little baby teeth. 

So he made his way to Towhee's hobbit hole with the stick in his mouth, and caught sight of one of the twins pouncing off after a butterfly. He was a bit of a worry-wort when it came to kids, so seeing any pup bounding away from a den oblivious to how far they might wander always made him a bit worried but she wasn't exactly unsupervised. Plus, the more exercise she got, the more she might be content to settle down for a nap later, so he didn't want to discourage her from getting some of her sillies out now, while she had someone to watch over her while she bounced around. 

He let the stick drop to the ground- as it was a bit too long to be carried around without getting in the way. He could always try and entice her into a game of tug later- but for now, he wanted to nurture her hunting instincts, and encourage her to keep chasing the butterfly, as he'd have no problem keeping up with her. "Git it!" He exclaimed, gesturing toward the butterfly.
Messages In This Thread
tell the world i'm alive - by Sphyra - April 29, 2021, 02:18 AM
RE: tell the world i'm alive - by RIP Bronco - May 04, 2021, 03:05 PM
RE: tell the world i'm alive - by Sphyra - May 12, 2021, 07:59 AM
RE: tell the world i'm alive - by RIP Bronco - May 29, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: tell the world i'm alive - by Sphyra - June 01, 2021, 07:58 AM
RE: tell the world i'm alive - by RIP Bronco - June 14, 2021, 10:54 PM
RE: tell the world i'm alive - by Sphyra - June 16, 2021, 03:48 AM
RE: tell the world i'm alive - by RIP Bronco - June 28, 2021, 09:12 PM
RE: tell the world i'm alive - by Sphyra - June 30, 2021, 02:29 AM