Swiftcurrent Creek Well it's just like going home
Hushed Willows
1,519 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Gone.
He was gone.
Reverie nodded numbly as Moss spoke, though she didn't really hear her. How would she ever go on? How could she raise his children, how could she look at them every day and be reminded of him? She would love them, she knew. It would hurt. And maybe that hurt would drive her over the edge, maybe this was the piece that needed to fall into place for her to finally —
I'm thinking of ending things, Reverie murmured, too faint for Moss to hear. So quiet that the words simply dispersed into the air, a whispered declaration to the universe. The new life in her would not protest, could not protest, and so she felt no guilt. Her gaze wandered away from Moss, and she found herself pressing closer, tucking herself against the woman with a fragile aspect to the touch as if she might shatter into a million pieces at any moment. Her next words were louder. Stay with me. Please.
I'm afraid of what I might do, And now she really saw Moss, really looked at her, eyes red and still brimming with tears. To them. To myself. To anyone who gets too close.
All she knew how to do was cause pain.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
Well it's just like going home - by RIP Moss - March 24, 2023, 06:18 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by Reverie - March 24, 2023, 06:26 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by RIP Moss - March 24, 2023, 06:34 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by Reverie - March 24, 2023, 08:17 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by RIP Moss - March 27, 2023, 12:38 PM
RE: Well it's just like going home - by Reverie - March 27, 2023, 02:48 PM