Swiftcurrent Creek Watch them sharpen those teeth, crude from the walls of no sleep
Pledged
1,532 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Kel can be skipped for nowww
If Lestan feared an overreaction —
Well, his fear was very justified in that moment. Reverie had worked herself from panic into a fury by the time the man excused himself. She hadn't even caught his name, too caught up in what she immediately registered as betrayal. She had told Akavir, after all, about her experiences with healers — and though it became apparent that Lestan had missed the implications of the man's words, Reverie had not.
She knew what he was. And she wanted none of it.
Still, her love for Lestan demanded that she listen. How could she not? Reverie quieted from the beginnings of an outburst and nodded numbly as he spoke, coming to the realization that she could not defy Akavir again. This was where Lestan wanted to be, and besides that, Blossom was too young and Lestan too weak to travel. She found it odd that he was so worried for her health, but was too consumed by anxiety to address it.
If - if Akavir wants him here, then we should listen, She said dully, miserably. Anger still simmered somewhere in her, but muted for now by resignation. But I can't believe he would - after what I told him - ! Reverie fought the urge to cry. That man, he said it used to be his job to help people. I - in The Gilded Sea, they brought healers like that, to fix me. They did horrible things to me, Lestan.
He can stay, but - if he tries anything, he has to leave. I won't let anyone do that to me again, The hint of a growl followed her last words, and the fur along her spine lifted a little more before it started to settle. She tried to calm herself, tucking her head under Lestan's chin for a moment.