Stavanger Bay Hope it isn't repetition, though that's the only thing that keeps and takes you
Hushed Willows
1,526 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She swallowed hard, wanting nothing more than to accept the comfort Lestan tried to offer her. But how could she?
You've never hurt me, and I don't think you would, Reverie was determined to remain calm despite the pounding of her heart, her sudden certainty that their marriage would not survive this conversation. But I - I understand. Maybe when I'm better... but - Lestan, none of that matters if - She felt her heart in her throat, felt it threatening to shatter there. If you need to be away from me to be - better. When you left the first time, you said it was because you wanted to be - to be more than sad for me. And now you want to leave again, to be stronger. If I didn't fail - if I wasn't making you unhappy, you wouldn't have to leave.
Every problem we have - everything that's hurting you, it's my fault. I was the one who - who got pregnant, and refused to see the healer. I was the one who got sick, and I left Swiftcurrent Creek and found the witch. I'm the reason we left, and the reason Riordan followed us - and the reason you're always tired, always worried, always wanting to leave, She took a deep breath, struggling to maintain her calm. And - it's not going to change unless we can talk about it. I don't want that. I won't be the reason you're unhappy - I won't be the one you need to be away from. If - if that's all I can be to you, then...
Reverie swallowed again, her eyes flicking to the direction of the island of their own accord, then back to Lestan. They couldn't continue on this way. She couldn't. Not anymore.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hope it isn't repetition, though that's the only thing that keeps and takes you - by Reverie - July 14, 2023, 01:07 PM