Bramblepoint i am faster than 80% of all snakes
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He did his best to assess the predator as it turned its sights on the wolves. Its amber eyes were narrowed into slits, the patterning on its forehead dazzling, but pinched in rage. A display of its massive canines made the fur along the back of Bronco's neck stand up. One glance at its paws told him it had long, curved claws- sheathed while it walked to keep them razor-sharp. He'd faced a cougar before, and it had flayed him. Now, he faced something much larger, and more powerful- and he wondered one last time if he might ever live to see his children again before the feline moved. 

It was if a dance began, with all five of them shifting into movement, the wolves orbiting around the tiger as it whirled and lashed. It focused its intent in on the child, the feal-furred youth that Bronco wished would just turn and flee- but it was likely too late now. If she did, the tiger would no doubt pursue her, and turning your back to a panther was a deathwish. 

His first few strikes did little but draw attention and with angry slaps of its paws it struck him back as if it was swatting a fly. He tumbled and rolled, feeling his body fill with adrenaline while simultaneously leaking blood from scratchmarks. 

It was when the tiger had the child incapacitated that his instincts finally switched- and he attacked in earnest. The nimble grey wolf seemed to be dodging well, and landing bites that caused the tiger to whirl, swing, and miss. He would tire it out, Bronco thought. Meanwhile, the white wolf took advantage every moment the tiger was distracted to bite, striking deep puncture wounds into its flesh which had begun to be striped with red alongside the orange. Boulstered, Bronco finally lunged close enough to do the same himself. 

Twice, he was able to make the tiger shudder and yowl in but within a second, his hope was dashed aside when the tiger turned to fix its focus on him after finishing with the white wolf. Bronco looked, to see the man begin to carry the limp child away, and it was in that moment that he was finished. 

He wasn't sure what happened, but the last thing he saw was the sky before everything went abruptly dark.
Messages In This Thread
i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Frolic - August 10, 2023, 12:16 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 10, 2023, 01:13 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Frolic - August 10, 2023, 02:22 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 10, 2023, 03:02 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Frolic - August 10, 2023, 03:32 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Meridian - August 10, 2023, 04:42 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Shard - August 12, 2023, 05:00 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 12, 2023, 08:15 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Frolic - August 14, 2023, 08:21 AM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Meridian - August 14, 2023, 09:23 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 15, 2023, 09:07 AM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Njord - August 15, 2023, 11:49 AM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by RIP Bronco - August 15, 2023, 12:33 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Seal - August 16, 2023, 10:51 AM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by Njord - August 16, 2023, 12:03 PM
RE: i am faster than 80% of all snakes - by RIP Bronco - August 16, 2023, 12:23 PM