Felltree Marsh I'll whisk away your heartsigh and bury it in mine
Hushed Willows
1,526 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
For @Saga if you want it!
She'd started to split her time between the willows and the marsh, caring for the eagle she'd found. After a time she had determined that its wing was not broken, perhaps only sprained; nonetheless, Reverie brought food and kept the bird hidden safely in the hollowed-out trunk of the tree where she'd found it. In this she found some kind of purpose, and the beginnings of an idea brewing at the back of her thoughts.
Today she had managed to coax the eagle onto her shoulder, wincing at the feeling of talons digging into her skin. There was a little blood, but not so much. In time, she thought, she would teach her new friend to perch more gently. For now it was a matter of getting used to one another.
I wonder if my husband would like you, Reverie wondered aloud, having taken to speaking to the bird as if it could understand. Sometimes she really wondered. The eagle looked at her now as if in its own contemplation, and she thought that perhaps it did understand. His name is Boone, She explained further, picking her way through the marsh. The other birds avoided them, giving the pair odd looks. He likes the mountains. Eagles like mountains too, right? It was just an assumption, really. She knew very little about eagles except that they were predators, that they were fierce and intelligent and deadly in the sky. Maybe you'll like each other.
Messages In This Thread
I'll whisk away your heartsigh and bury it in mine - by Reverie - September 30, 2023, 01:18 PM