Hushed Willows This is how you remind me of what I really am
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,496 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
For @Wayfarer, making a few assumptions, let me know if anything should be changed <3 other tags for ref!
Paranoia edged her thoughts of late; daily she struggled against her own mind, against the whispering thoughts that suggested that perhaps @Boone did not love her after all, or perhaps the strangers they'd taken in meant to harm them, or the witch would return, or —

It was a matter of redirection. Reframing. The last of the herbs she might gather had died to the frost, and so Reverie focused her efforts on hunting, and on @Blossom, who had been plagued by a sorrow so thick it hurt Reverie's own heart to see it. She'd never been a very good hunter; the violence of it frightened her, the blood sickened her. She hated to know that she'd brought death to another creature.

But it was easier with a partner. She sought out Wayfarer with this in mind, the woman whose friendship had become an easy constant since she'd agreed to stay. Reverie knew that Wayfarer still traveled, but that didn't bother her; she'd once been the same with Kvarsheim, a scout who passed the borders as it struck her fancy, and she didn't think Boone would mind it either. As long as Reverie herself didn't leave. She pushed that troubled thought away and searched the trees for her friend.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
This is how you remind me of what I really am - by Reverie - November 27, 2023, 06:30 PM