Moonspear And Smitten the Nightingale had Become.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His remaining was enough for Hydra to think he did desire to know more, and so after she had finished the first cub and while he made short work of his own, she licked her chops and paused. Being the good sister that she was, she nosed the other (and last) cub over to him; she had eaten not too long ago, and the fare had been better than this. If he did not want it, she would eat it—food was food. 

As leaders, it is up to mother and I which females can procreate. Zafina had no mate; she was not with us for very long at all, either. Remember that there were no others upon this mountain but for you and your siblings, too; resources we had then were for you all to grow strong when you could not hunt for yourself. There could be no other competition for them—the resources, I mean, especially when no other had earned the privelege to bear cubs themselves, she shared with him what she had come to understand through education from her mother and experience both. Naturally, mother and father together are a mated pair. They are also the head of the pack. I came into heat, and Dirge and I have become a mated pair. After speaking with mother, she determined I had earned the right. So, if mother and father have no cubs, my children will be the only ones we, the pack, look after, she informed. If they do, it had already been decided that my children could be raised beside them. She paused for a moment, considering. 

She-wolves are driven to push other she-wolves out of heat. That was the chaos with Speedy, the other day. I was prevented from my responsibility, here her tone was more clipped, though her ire was not toward Arcturus, and it showed as her gaze (which now fell upon him) softened. No, Arcturus was not to blame. She was not sorry for giving him an order, but... I know it was difficult to endure that day. The scent of heat can be near-impossible to ignore, which was why she should have never left—but you were caught in the middle of it all. You have become a strong man, Arcturus; father should not have been so crass. But that is what heat can do to a man, even a strong one, she forewarned, her eyes cast toward the horizon. What would come home to them, when her heat ended?
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
And Smitten the Nightingale had Become. - by Zafina - May 03, 2019, 06:54 PM
RE: And Smitten the Nightingale had Become. - by Hydra - May 10, 2019, 01:39 PM