Moonspear prepare for the coup of a century
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra shifted her gaze to her brother when he spoke, though she did not see or sense petulance, only genuine curiosity. Revui himself seemed a little perplexed, but she had already explained what confounded him to Arcturus. She would treat Revui the same, and pull him away after this. In my lifetime, upon this mountain we have been the only blood of our father and our mother. They are mates; we are legitimate. Due to this, you have been protected, cared for, fed, reared by us all for your own futures. Just as I lead now, so too may you, should you desire it and earn it. We, each of us, were always first, and only, she pressed. Her gaze fell to Revui; she knew of his ambitions, and it was for this reason she ever sought to instruct him. It went back to Arcturus, next; she could see him leading, too. He was intelligent, when he wanted to be, and Hydra appreciated these questions. For in a way, she sought their counsel, even if her mind was all but made. 

This year, with mothers approval—father had already gone on his trip—I was permitted to have children. I am their daughter, just as you are their sons—and I have found my mate in Dirge. Someday, when you are ready for children and find your mates, you may desire children yourself; you may wish to continue the line, as I will, she explained. If anything was begot of this union, father may wish to prioritize them. If resources should become scarce, he may favor his new cubs and Speedy above my own, and us. Hydra feared this; she feared the endangerment of the family before her, the family who she had always stood beside, right or wrong (but they were always right, as it stood... except in this). 

You may know that heat changes women, but it changes men, too. Father called you two drooling men that day; her heat had him speaking so cruelly to you. When I moved to intervene for the last time, and you two had gone, I went to attempt to return her and step between them. Father thought to attack me for her, and she was not even with child then, Hydra paused for a beat. 

In a lighter tone, she said, I hope I am wrong. I hope she is not with child, and that he truly has protected her, and that he would not seek to replace what he already has. We are more than enough, Hydra spoke these words, perhaps more to comfort herself than her brothers. But I suppose we wll know if we are not, should he refuse to chase her from this mountain to give her the chance to rear her children elsewhere if she is. Speedy would not ruin their family; they would give their father a chance at redemption... and even spare Speedy, in the process; she might leave this situation relatively unscathed. 

She looked to her brothers, and sighed a little. We come first. I would like to see us lay claim to this whole range, someday, she said with a grin, looking toward a neighboring peak. Them, their children, their childrens children... her gaze shifted again toward them. And if we do not, to him, then perhaps it is time for a change in regime, because to her, they always would; her full-blooded brothers, and her children. They were this mountains future; the children of Speedy had no place in it. Not like this.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
prepare for the coup of a century - by Hydra - May 16, 2019, 09:30 AM
RE: prepare for the coup of a century - by Arcturus - May 16, 2019, 11:09 AM
RE: prepare for the coup of a century - by Hydra - May 16, 2019, 02:13 PM
RE: prepare for the coup of a century - by Arcturus - May 16, 2019, 04:44 PM
RE: prepare for the coup of a century - by Hydra - May 16, 2019, 08:50 PM
RE: prepare for the coup of a century - by Arcturus - May 16, 2019, 09:49 PM
RE: prepare for the coup of a century - by Hydra - May 16, 2019, 10:58 PM
RE: prepare for the coup of a century - by Arcturus - May 16, 2019, 11:11 PM