Sun Mote Copse Grace just hold me in your arms and let this moment linger
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had not expected Niamh to pour her heart out to her. They were not exactly friends, more like work colleagues that had just lost a boss and needed to see, where they stood and, how they could manage working together. She therefore found it nice that the young woman had someone to talk to, trust and rely on and hoped that the friendship with Towhee would aid the recovery.

"We will have to live and see," she replied levelly. "I plan to go to Asterism Grove soon and discuss the options of banding together during the winter, if we ever come to it. In turn I think no one will object us opening our doors for them, in case Hideaway Strath proves challenging and less hospitable than it is now," she added. She had lived in the mountains for a year (one third of her life) and she had learned that there were certain dangers associated to them. Avalanches being one of them, limited resources coming close second. 

"You see - I am not willing to merge with them now, because there are certain disadvantages about their current place of residence. Cut away from the rest of the valley it's ability to support a number of wolves is not limitless. And my previous pack, which lived in similar conditions, dwindled, whatever food sources there were in a matter of months and were forced to move. Imagine, what would happen in winter," she explained her reasons and hoped that Niamh understood them as well. 

"We have options, Niamh, we are not tied down to copse," she smiled at her, referring to Eljay's emotional outburst during their meeting right after Colt's demise. "Personal is not the same as important."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Grace just hold me in your arms and let this moment linger - by Wraen - September 14, 2019, 07:38 AM