Sun Mote Copse Grace just hold me in your arms and let this moment linger
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
It was true - Wraen did not have children of her own, but that did not make her less concerned or invested in them. If challenged with this, her reply would be that she possessed a clear sight, where that of dedicated mother's would be clouded and biased. She had grown up, while on the road. It had not always been easy, but it had taught her early on to depend on herself and not wait for miracles. She had experienced hunger for several days at time, she had been exhausted beyond all reason and still been forced to move on, she had lost count of all the dark, bitter cold nights of late autumn and winter, where she had lied awake, unable to get comfortable, unable to keep herself warm. Despite this she had survived. The sole desire to keep on to living had been stronger than anything else.  

"I would not inflict on them any hardship that I myself have not endured at their age. They are at a better start point than I ever was," Wraen replied levelly. If they would have to move, they would. "But until the moment we are forced to move we should stick to trapping. It's easier and less dangerous than attacking deer. And you get more than just one chance," she moved to safer waters. "What about mercenary training - do you see any potential in the youths? Bronco seems to be cut for the job and Pox is eager... Not so sure about the girls though."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Grace just hold me in your arms and let this moment linger - by Wraen - October 03, 2019, 06:39 AM