Sun Mote Copse Grace just hold me in your arms and let this moment linger
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
At a certain point in your life, you no longer believe that your truth is the only and the absolute one or that you should attempt to bend and break other people according to your ideas of, what they should be. Wraen had reached the next milestone of maturity - she began to accept people, for who they were, and found great joy in making quiet observations about their personalities. Good and bad traits. Quirks and peculiarities. Get the minute details and over time learn, what makes them tick. 

Take Niamh, for example. At a first glance - classical bold and beautiful blonde, cheer-leader type to whom all doors are open in the world. Then you get a chance to watch her from a closer distance and, boy, do you learn, how wrong your first impressions were and how much more hides behind appearances. Wraen sensed that her words about one's own failures in life had not reached their destination. If they had, then her packmate chose not to let them show through and, who could blame her? You did not want to appear as a loser in other people's eyes, least of all the leader, with whom you had business-like relationships.

"Well, maybe there was nobody, who could explain this to him, when it was necessary and the right time to do so," Wraen shrugged, though she doubted that this was the whole case. Sometimes you come to your own conclusions about life without influence from other people. It was just as likely that Elfie would have maintained his belief even, when someone had told him all about life and death the proper way. "Someone else's experience can never be your own," she replied to Niamh's assumption that Towhee and Phox would have better luck at changing Elfie's views about life. "But they will give him other matters to focus on. I think that a lot of his frustration had to do with being cooped up here," she did not mention Eljay's restrictive parenting style to Niamh out of respect to her fellow subordinate. 

"And that went against his nature. I think that he takes after Finley's type of Blackthorns more than Eljay does. The world calls out to him," she finished. "He will get along with Towhee famously, though. She is very different from us all and he needs an idol to look up to."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Grace just hold me in your arms and let this moment linger - by Wraen - November 07, 2019, 04:39 PM