Moonspear sojourn
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
All Welcome 
For @Hydra and @Nikai
Alya's days had been filled with puppies ever since her arrival. Spending time with Hydra's litter had helped to soothe the ache left by the dual loss of her parents, and they all now held a special place in her heart. She felt almost like a mother, at times, but now longed to have a litter of her own. It would be different, she thought, when they belonged to just herself and Nikai.

She had been spending all her free time with her mate, but the demands of the litter had often kept her for long hours and even days. Too, she felt guilty whenever she saw his face and remembered that he had family he was missing, too. It'd been months, and Valette would surely be worried about them.

This in mind, she began tracking down her mate while calling for her sister. It was time that someone let Valette know what was happening, and she thought it best that the news come from her, now that the pups were a little bit older.
i can't help but be my own god
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
When Valette had had hers, Nikai had fleetingly thought that maybe it would've been nice to have children with Alya; but when the season passed so had his desires. It was easier when hormones weren't that present, he supposed, and Nikai thought it might just be good enough to see those of others grow up. Valette's, he thought, but when it came down to it he was in a new pack with new wolves, and the only pups that the pack had reared that year were the new Alpha pair's; Hydra and Dirge's. He hadn't seen them yet, though when they were a bit older -- they were getting there, he reckoned -- Nikai hoped he could help teach them a thing or two about life. Moonspear and Alya's family in general seemed very focused on being strong, and Nikai hoped he could teach them that kindness and being gentle ain't bad qualities either.

Nikai was lounging in the remnants of the sun on the lower slopes of the mountain, just outside the forest near the borders. He was enjoying the warmth a bit longer until it would truly turn autumn. He heard Alya's call to her sister, but didn't expect to see her coming into view soon after; the call hadn't encompassed him, after all. Was it a coincidence, or was he included in meeting with her sister too?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hearing Alya's call, Hydra was swift to meet it. There was no sense of urgency, nor a feeling of panic that swelled within her, but her arrival was prompt nonetheless. Alya was as much a mother as she herself, Hydra felt; she was thankful for her presence here. Hydra felt less guilt than Alya, though not because she harbored any ill feelings toward Alya's mate. Rather because Hydra knew when Alya whelped, Hydra would provide for them the very same. All for one—one for all. 

Upon seeing her sister, she also caught sight of Nikai. Hydra's tail waved as she bridged the gap between them, eyes bright.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"Hey, you," she greeted when she located her mate, folding herself down over him and preening the fur at the back of his neck for a moment. He felt warm beneath her from his lounging, but all too soon, Hydra was upon them. She removed herself from his person and stepped toward her sister, tail wheeling idly as she greeted her.

"I wanted to talk to you both about making a trip back to Easthollow," she explained, sitting down between the two of them. "The puppies are older, now, and Valette must be worried sick about Nikai. I'd like to let her know what's happened." She turned her dark gaze on her mate. "I can be back in just a few days, but if you want, we can take a longer trip back to visit -- both of us. What do you think?"

This last question was directed at Nikai and Valette both.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
A smile passed his face when Alya greeted him and he nuzzled his nose into her fur during the fond embrace. It didn't take long for Hydra to arrive, too, and Nikai glanced in her direction as Alya removed herself from him. He missed the touch instantly and shot his mate a smile, then turned to look back at Hydra. It was uncanny still how very alike the two -- or three, rather -- of them looked.

Nikai nodded when Alya brought up visiting Valette. That's a good idea, he agreed. Nikai hesitated a moment, exchanging a brief glance with Hydra. I think I would prefer staying here while you make the trip. I'd slow us down quite a bit, and I'd like for Valette to receive the news as quick as possible. But I'll go if you greatly prefer it. Nikai trusted Alya enough to get back here safely, and however much he longed to see Easthollow and Valette, he also knew that leaving it would only be harder if he got to stay for only a day or so.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Alya was a scout, well-traveled and knowledgeable about the Wilds around her. Hydra still felt a dull ache in her when her sister mentioned taking a trip to Easthollow, but she understood it. The Queen respected Valette greatly for taking her sister in, and though the selfish part of her wished for Alya to not leave them for this long trip now she understood it. Valette had likely thought this trip to be a temporary one... she would need to be made aware of its permanence (as Hydra hoped it, in any case). Alya was her right-hand, and someday Hydra hoped to make her so in name. 

Nikai was the first to respond, and Hydra found herself surprised that he wished to remain while Alya delivered the news. She appreciated it nonetheless, and turned her gaze back to Alya. Of course you must let her know, Hydra agreed, nodding. Be as swift as you can, sister, she requested. For her children were older, but young still, and Hydra desired Alya to be by her side for their growth... and more than that, Hydra hurt to think of the absence of Alya again for very long since the loss of their parents. The Queen feared any harm coming to her, though Hydra knew Alya was still more than capable of fending for herself.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya agreed that she would move quickly, and said her goodbyes to Hydra and her mate. She sought out @Lyra as well, and made sure the children knew that she was going on a short trip, but she would soon be back to play with them.
Sorry for the holdup! Archiving this mess :sob: