Shadow Mountain Night Cafe for lonely cynics
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"look at the both of us. i am larger. some vould assume i am stronger," mahler explained, gaze flicking to sarah briefly. "some vould think you veaker based upon the fact you are female. you might then be treated differently, vhen in fact, i am slower, heavier, and not fit for quick fighting."
a roll of his broad shoulders. "it is all in the eye of the beholder, i suppose."
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Interesting observations," Sarah replied, her expression and tone implied that in this case the adjective of choice did not mean anything positive. In her opinion, it was wrong to make any assumptions about other person's abilities, based on their size, gender, looks or whichever other criteria are there to evaluate people. You could draw a rough sketch, but you could never predict, how would they act, if they put in a dangerous or stressful situation. A weakling pushed one time too many could become a snarling, roaring beast. A warrior could make a fatal mistake in their over-confidence. 

"I will stick to my belief - people first," she concluded this thread of their conversation and around this time they had walked a great deal and were nearing the foot of the mountains. While the she-wolf had forgotten about her dislike of heights and big rocks during the conversation, she felt very relieved to see the ground again and the dark line of forests in the distance. "Well, I think that this is, where we part," she turned to the man, who had been a very entertaining company and had initiated more conversation out of her than any other person had been able to.

Maybe because it was easy to talk with him and she suspected that it would be just as easy to remain in a mutually comfortable silence, if they happened to run out of subjects to talk. That was a rare skill in people. "I wish you all the luck and if the fate will desire so, we will meet each other again," she told him, giving him a brief sincere smile that lighted up her expression and made her look less like an old woman. 

Thank you for the thread! I will be looking forward to their next encounter. :)
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
always a pleasure! <3

her mind did not shift, but his clung the same, and mahler knew they were only discussing the possibility of change between them. pleased with this dynamic of talking in hypotheticals, he found himself surprised by the vague sting of disappointment as sarah bid her leave of him.
"it vas a pleasure to share the day vith you," the gargoyle rejoined, muzzle lowering in a bow. "i hope that fate is kind, and that ve see each other again." her face glowed with a sudden smile that drew his forth; for a long moment he was content to let his lavender stare trace the planes of sarah's face before nodding once more and turning away, headed for the hollow with a lighter heart despite the lack of food in his belly.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]