Spotted Eagle Mountain i hear the birds singing in their cage
78 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Uly’s ears perk up at the sound of the others laugh, the wolf decides that he rather likes it. The mutt chuckles himself, “Oh, I’m sure he would be.” Though Ulysses can tell the walk is talking a toll on the other wolf, he still attempts to help him as much as possible.

When the two finally hit the bank the coy wolf seems more than just relieved. Uly as well and he’s eager to take mouthfuls of the clean river water. The feeling of it sliding down his throat soothes him and makes him sigh in pleasure. 

His lily white eyes gaze over to his companion. “Are you alright? How’s the shoulder?” He asks, genuinely concerned.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
he too drank, and though it did nothing to ease his pain, merrick felt himself revitalized. chin dripping, he looked up at the sound of ulysses' thoughtful voice.
"i'll be all right. think you can leave me here, too," the boy mused, casting a glance round at the shadewood with its source of water. better to die here than in some rocky gorge.
the attention of his eyes rested upon the man. "i wouldn't expect you to stay with an invalid."
78 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Out of the corner of his eye Uly watches his companion enjoy the much needed water. The coy wolf’s tongue darting out and catching the water, the navy of the night sky reflecting on his raven coat. The wolf dog smiles slightly, he can tell Merrick seems more refreshed than previously, water still dripping off his chin.

The mutt listens to his suggestion for him to leave the injured coy-wolf here and raises a questioning brow with the slightest tilt of his head. “I would not leave you in the state you’re in.” He chides more than states. “Would be irresponsible of me; knowing you could get killed by a numerous amount of other things out here.”

Uly quickly gazes around, wanting to ask but not knowing the correct words, he finally settles on– “Do you wish to die so?” He asks, ethereal eyes seeming otherworldly when he says it. 

Pinpricks for pupils gazing right into him, “I am willing to stay if you’d have me. I have to pack, no family, no home, no agenda.” He comments. “Merely existing.” He ends deeply with one last look at the coy before staring into the starry night sky.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
i would love to have a new thread?!

merrick wanted to scoff at ulysses' concern, but he knew the man spoke true. vulnerable and injured, weakened by exposure and hunger, he would be an easy target for anything wishing his flesh.
but the idea of being thought anything more than cunning rankled the boy; he sat back upon one elbow and was silent as he watched his powerful companion speak, look heavenward, rest moonlight eyes upon merrick once more.
"oh, i'll have you," came his joke, veiled in glittering smirk, but then the boy was sobered. "i did think i wanted to die. now i am not so sure. you don't even know me. why would you decide to stay so close?" he inquired, copperburn eyes holding the question.