Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Private 
@Hydra
lets go bruh
come at me bruh

set to 12/28/2019

While patrolling could do so much, there wasn't a day where her muscles had truly been honed. She remembered being brutally beaten, for there was no spare to take, only a bloodbath. Within Morningside, there was too much to do, and no one was able enough to have a friendly match, to hone their skills for the intruders- rather accepted them with open arms. Even upon leaving, she vividly avoided many wolves, not desiring to risk an instant death match, and only to find her way.

Though she knew, those within this starry mountain were different from the previous, those who valued skills more then others. She did not know many, only knew of few who seems like a veteran, the Queen. However she felt it was a difficult situation, to ask for a spare from the Alpha herself, not desiring to count it as a challengeship to her rank. Desdemona wished to freshen up on what hasn't been done in a year, and she knows her fighting is rusty. Maybe a good beating, could get a memory jog, a usual when she was younger. Or she could be lucky, and manage to defeat one of the Cerberus. Her paws stood stuck, as she contenplated on whether to ask or to find another unforunate soul to fight today.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
<3 !!!

Hydra moved throughout her territory with ease attributed to her experience and lifestyle both; she was perpetually active, and always seemed to be in constant motion. The matriarch had been training with one of her children in the earlier hours to assist in increasing their endurance. Their youth meant increased energy, but how long could they keep going without flagging? Day by day Hydra would challenge each of them to increase this until they could at the very least be near to her own, though she knew it would take some time yet before they could match it. 

The ink-furred woman trained even still, now; long-legged limbs currently carried her at a rapid clip as she expertly picked her way up Moonspear, and then down again nearer to the borders. Hydra moved toward a particularly steep incline, though along the way caught the scent of Desdemona. The matriarch followed the trail up until she was in her line of sight; at that point, Hydra slowed slightly until she drew alongside her subordinate and greeted her with a chuff. Desdemona, Hydra hummed, pleased to see her again; Hydra had noted already how Desdemona better sought to get to know the place she resided in through observing her scent in several locations beyond where she stood here and now. That, too, pleased her. How are you settling in? She inquired, ears cupping forward as she regarded the other.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Hydra," the appearence of the nightly crown did not go unnoticed, as she heard and took whiff of the nearby moonspearian. Desdemona dipped her head in a respectful bow, before drawing upwards to respond toward the question, "I am doing well." Which was the truth, she did not have complaints, nor' issues to come afoot. Her routine was quick to take within place by already following the paths of their borders, and inbetween to the more hide away holes, common for the scavanger wolves who need a den, or the other vexing beings that place themselves in marked lands. The dusk maiden was determined to keep it clean.

She had grown, in a bit. Alya made her realize how odd her speech had been, and adjust as so. She was so used to the savagely Alpha's, who cared little to the loyalty one will place, and simply did as they pleased. The tyrannical rulers she still nawed at the back of her head, feeling the frigidness of the constant need of approval, and the need for a respectful tone. She however, was getting there, "I feel of rust, however," she admitted. Her stamina was at the peak, for her constant on the move nature, but her skills.. Had fallen. 

She desired to hone them once more, but hesitated if she were to ask the Alpha for a taste of what Moonspear has to offer.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Desdemona's admission was answered with a wolfish grin; that is remedied easily enough, she hummed, waving her tail. Hydra would not begin immediately; she remembered too well Katya's own reaction. Are you comfortable with sparring? She asked, candid. Hydra hardly wished to inspire such a fearful reaction in her subordinates unless they disobeyed her or displayed blatant disrespect. Katya had said she was prepared to learn when she was not; still, Hydra would trust the words Desdemona spoke to her if she decided she was ready. 

The way of her jade-eyed subordinate was such that Hydra felt it was not in her to say what she did not mean, and to also be perfectly plain about it. Hydra could not recall any embellished speech from Desdemona, only that she had been by Alya's side when Alya had needed her. Her gratefulness extended to this point of patience and not immediate engagement prior to knowing for certain if Desdemona was comfortable with what Hydra suggested.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"A honor to trade skills with packmates." she said without hesitation, and a yearn to do so. There was rare chances to wholeheartedly sweat- her birth pack had made it harsh to the point she called it her own slaughter then of a spar. A group of many against a single dame was no friendly battle, but end in scarring that would continue to hide within her dark fur, hopefully staying that way throughout her life. Even the next, was too busy- but Moonspear, was quite different. Peaceful, but ready. Desdemona was ready at the chance.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra rumbled and nodded her head in consent, glad to hear it; she would be happier still to see it. Words were wind, and she would rather be shown than told... though the request was mostly for her benefit, she had asked another before and had not been told the truth of it. For that reason Hydra would permit Desdemona to initiate, already setting her defenses in swift order—ears flattened, eyes narrowed, weight stabilized, and tail pressed against the more vulnerable area behind her and keeping it out of reach. Her muzzle dipped to protect her throat, draping in a rather pretty fashion there though the strength of her shield could hardly be called that, particularly when the sword of her teeth were kept in much the same place. Rumbling to invite her subordinate to begin, Hydra eagerly awaited a show of her companions skill.
I'm big on the roll die system sparring or otherwise to account for Hy's masteries; I can start that thread at least and enter it here, Hy is giving Des first move! https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=39050 LINK
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Words were not spoken, but actions were understood. She settled low, like the spider that she was, carefully finding her center of gravity while prowling to strike. She watched Hydra's position; a true battler. She protected all the vital positions, and Desdemona learned from them and approached the same way, to cover what was needed, the throat, the behind, a shield for herself. There was no one in her life to properly teach to fight, all she learned was from watching, and defending from brutal pack attacks. A show of skills, but a valuable lesson for darken wolf.

An invitation that was accepted, as Desdemona lunged forward to what seemed to be the neck area. It was her usual to attack, but due to it's protection she thought of another way- to perhaps grab at her maw. It could be difficult for one to attack if their main weapon is constricted, not to mention she thought the other would wildly avoid, turning her head.. A chance to strike a blow, a critical hit toward the neck. Though she knew within, the Queen would not be an easy opponent.

the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra saw her coming; it was not as though she was predictable, but her eyes held fast onto her target. For her own part, Hydra observed but reacted in an explosive forward motion. Desdemona's bid for her muzzle was not turned away from but met with wider jaws to deflect and avoid as she moved to thrust the spindly woman backward with her own forward movement. Desdemona's fangs grazed her muzzle but caused no blood to spill (and Hydra had no intent to cause Desdemona to bleed in turn). Wide, snapping jowls would seek to move with Desdemona in a jaw spar. Her attack here was a rough attempt at a shove so as to keep things moving and ideally unbalance her subordinate.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She was too predictable, a spider whose movements were unfortunately read, and gave a sporting match toward ferociously snapping back. Successfully pushed back, she grunted in a retreating effort that sprawled into a rough near-tumbling downward from the sheer strength that waws given. Power, Desdemona thought as she panted and crudely lunged forth again in a desperate attack, to grab the shoulder and not just a sparring match between teeth, but an actual limb to latch upon. Though a unlucky aim, for she had done this attack while in the midst of leaning far too much to the left.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was able to recognize, again, what Desdemona sought to do; she did not become a master in both trade for nothing, and was ever effective at disabling an offense with an aggressive one of her own that became defense. As Desdemona recovered Hydra had her bearings; her narrowed eyes caught the coil of her limbs and Hydra lunged forward once again with her.

The body weight of Desdemona was overwhelmed with her own surging forward; as Desdemona sought shoulder and Hydra adjusted her course to do so, her subordinates fangs connected with chest instead. Hydra moved to connect her own fangs to the apex of her subordinates shoulder and thrust downward to press her against the earth and pin her, making quick work of their spar this time around should all connect. 

PP permission given!!! 25 roll again~
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Her world had twirled, and she had been defeated. Before the spider had realized it, she had successfully been pinned to the ground, unable to fight back. It was impressive how fast this all became, but just as embarassing as it was a quick defeat. She counted herself as a guard, a patroller, but perhaps she had been misguided.. Desdemona felt disappointed in herself.

"You have won."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra had bested Desdemona swiftly; the other relented, and Hydra released. The others verbal admittance was regarded with a proud sweep of her plume. There are many factors to that, Hydra shared, not one to brag or boast about herself (though she would never stop others from doing so). I have been a pack wolf for years; well-fed even despite the famine. I have been trained by masters of the skill, and have become one myself, two times over.

She worked hard for it still; she never paused in her practice, and it was evident. Advice I would give, this day, is to not stare at where your target is; that aided me more than anything else, this spar, she informed. Hydra wanted to aid in the others tactical skill, that way no stranger could best her out in the wilds so easily.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona nodded, she knew that hydra and her were around of similar age, however the experience the Queen had faced paled compared to Desdemona, who did not have as wealthy resources, nor' oppurtunities to learn. She didn't grow bitter on it, simply wishing to learn more before time came to be. To prove herself.

"How so?" The bastardly spider wasn't sure how that aided, and asked Hydra to explain further.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I knew where you intended to land your attack before you even executed it, she answered, tail lashing behind her, and so I knew where you were likely to go, and how to react before you even moved. It was what made the battle so quick this day; Desdemona had aided Hydra, and hopefully Desdemona would learn from this to not do so in the future. To make her moves obvious would have everyone able to avoid them. 

More than that though, Hydra was a master of the craft. She only sought to become better and better overtime, and her daily exercises and training saw to it that she would. Run with me?, Hydra invited, thinking to train more now, we will run to the upper reaches and work on improving our endurance. Her tail waved at the thought. Hydra had plenty of endurance to boot, and yet always strove for more.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
fade for endless run?

She thought on it; her eyesight had been a key factor? Did the Queen follow her gaze when she sought for aim? It seems so, an impressive feat she thought. A reason why she was the reigning ruler, and how Moonspear has been afloat for so long, the Ostrega lineage is a power, not a simple name. Desdemona nodded toward the lesson.

"Yes." She too enjoyed the exercise of improvement, as most of her patrols were able to intertwine the two. To guard and run, her endurance was not to joke out, even if her experience was to be. Desdemona had faith inherself she would be able to keep up with Hydra on their journey up the mountain.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fading!!!

The other agreed easily enough, and with that Hydra was off; Desdemona was on her trail and soon enough the duo ran together. Hydra pushed them to higher heights and then to plateau's, and even descents to work on their ability to stop short. Hydra had perfected this by now, the movement a violent spray of snow in a display that looked like art than practicality despite the fact that it was the most efficient way. On and on and on the duo would run and train until they tired, and then they would rest.