Moonspear back to the forward command center
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra smirked at Kukutux's observation. Not all of them do, she corrected. Hydra had not begotten children with Dirge out of love. Not at first, in any case. There had been an attraction there that had always existed, but she sought more than that. Not love, no, but reliability. Stability. She wanted a mate she could count on for life. Someone who could rear children with her while also guiding the pack with her. Dirge had proven more than capable. But he challenged her to be better each and every day; the more moments spent together, the more her love for him grew. She could not deny that. Children are a lifelong commitment. Who you decide to rear them with is also a lifelong commitment, she drawled. As Hydra saw it, anyway. And she remembered Andraste: even if they tell themselves they will stay away and send their children off, it never happens that way. Not that Hydra had seen or experienced. Someone would always be hurt, and the children would be used... 

She did not want the dramatics that came with that. If Andraste thought to use her own children as currency again, Hydra would kill her for it. 

To say Kukutux admittance surprised Hydra would be an understatement; she imagined Kukutux might want to return to the woman Hydra so detested. To hear it was not so caused Hydra to think that Kukutux was smarter than she herself had initially thought (though that was not to say Hydra had ever thought her dim to start with... still, she could not fathom why any would follow the rule of one such as the pale lightningstruck wretch). The compliment to her home was not missed; Hydra felt pride for this, as she loved her homestead fiercely. I am glad to hear it, Hydra drawled back in turn. Moonspear, in her opinion, was one of the most beautiful places she had ever seen. It offered a great view of the world beyond and made everything feel in reach. So as to that, she offered with a warm grin: it is easy to enjoy. Kukutux did not yet know the half of it; Moonspears splendor was without comparison. 

Kukutux continued, and Hydra's smile was replaced by her typical neutral, stoic mien. We Moonspearian's are not a passionate sort. Love might come, and you would be lucky for it to; but we value the strength that comes with a promising partnership. She meant, of course, them becoming mates.  That is for them to determine, though. Once it is all decided, do come to me and let me know prior to all else. Her ears pressed forward some as she looked to Kukutux then to be sure she understood this. 

The next question was answered with a proud nod. For all of my life, she drawled, thinking to add: Arcturus and Jarilo, too. Kukutux might be interested to know that much, which was why she added this detail. One of them might become her own.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
back to the forward command center - by Hydra - January 29, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Kukutux - January 29, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Hydra - February 01, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Kukutux - February 01, 2020, 03:20 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Hydra - February 01, 2020, 04:56 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Kukutux - February 01, 2020, 05:23 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Hydra - February 01, 2020, 05:57 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Kukutux - February 01, 2020, 06:48 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Hydra - February 04, 2020, 03:51 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Kukutux - February 04, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Hydra - February 17, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Kukutux - February 17, 2020, 04:34 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Hydra - February 19, 2020, 01:27 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Kukutux - February 21, 2020, 12:02 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Hydra - February 21, 2020, 09:14 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Kukutux - February 21, 2020, 11:49 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Hydra - March 03, 2020, 02:17 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Kukutux - March 03, 2020, 09:08 PM
RE: back to the forward command center - by Hydra - March 10, 2020, 09:06 AM