Moonspear oceans & full moons, deep midnight blue
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra nodded her head, agreeing. The only light she could see in the entirety of this situation was that at the very least, he who would in the end betray her would not be around to do so when she had cubs. If she considered him a threat to them, she would have killed him for it. He would have proven himself a man no better than the wolves she sought to bring an end to. She was thankful that he had the sense, if that was what it was, to go without striking a blow, too. 

It still makes no sense to me, she admitted. Even after mulling over what it could have been—having not yet spoken to Dragomir—nothing added up. Wraen is the only thing that I can think of, truth be told. She would not have been here if she had not someway been involved, she drawled, and she left without a word when Galaxy died, went with Terance, Rannoch, and the rest. I imagine, for whatever reason, she has a grudge against me when I have never been anything but kind to her, she shook her head at that. She wondered if Jarilo saw any merit in the thought or belief, and looked to him to see if it made any sense to him at least before committing to it herself. Nothing but that seemed to add up, though: he had never told me he was unhappy here, or acted such. Osiris was just attacked, she considered, and added, I understand if he was unhappy with my intervention in their fight, between he and Revui... Perhaps I should not have done that, she acknowledged, though I could not bear to see them fall as mother and father had. 

Was that what he and Revui were destined to do? 

...Next time, she supposed she ought to just... let them. Her heart would ache for it, but at least it would not be for betrayal. Was that any better, she wondered? 

Having not heard the note he left on with Kukutux, Hydra asked, and what note was that? with plenty of interest and pricked ears. Revui had left, and she had not caught wind of him since. She took that as his message to her that he was content to leave them all behind as he always seemed to, without a word. 

As for how she felt about it? Revui's place here will never be as a leader; I stood by Arcturus that day, and all my teeth were to put Revui in his place as our families own Omega, if not the mountains should he have remained. But now, I think that Revui has worn out his welcome here, perhaps for good. Revui and Arcturus looked as though they had bled one another dry that day. For much more to come, I think one of them, if not both, might have met their end. I could only think then that I did not want that; I hardly thought of Arcturus own role, or Revui's. Even so... I should not have gotten in between. Though if Arcturus delivered that final blow, I do not think he could live with himself. Truth be told, and between you and I, I think he would have turned his back on me for letting him, she hummed, but I still took that from him. And between Arcturus and Revui, I would always choose Arcturus. I thought, though, that I could save both. 

It seemed she had a bit of a savior complex within her, but this she stripped from her as the epiphany occurred to her. 

She sighed a little. I cannot go to see him, not in my condition. But he must have followed Wraen. Would you... check on him? she inquired, and... if he truly does not wish me dead, he could still meet his nieces and nephews once they are old enough, she quipped. She spoke for her own, though nosed him; if he was alright with it, so was she. I will let you judge who he is now and determine this for us all, as a segue into what would next come, a little sparkle in her eye. 

Come to think of it, there is something else I wanted to ask of you, she drawled.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
oceans & full moons, deep midnight blue - by Jarilo - April 06, 2020, 08:24 PM
RE: oceans & full moons, deep midnight blue - by Hydra - April 09, 2020, 08:32 AM
RE: oceans & full moons, deep midnight blue - by Jarilo - April 09, 2020, 05:51 PM
RE: oceans & full moons, deep midnight blue - by Hydra - April 28, 2020, 12:50 PM
RE: oceans & full moons, deep midnight blue - by Jarilo - April 30, 2020, 12:34 AM
RE: oceans & full moons, deep midnight blue - by Hydra - May 07, 2020, 01:58 PM
RE: oceans & full moons, deep midnight blue - by Hydra - June 04, 2020, 12:07 PM