this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
he drifted thereafter to the field of bluebells, and cast himself down with a weary yawn. in the well-guarded heart of ursus, merrick felt gentled enough to sleep, and yet slumber evaded him. easthollow.
the thought brought a lancing frown to his brow, and he crossed his paws, wetting his jaws as he glared in the direction of the stone circle.
he rolled to his back, was silent, hazy gaze fixed upon the skies.
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
a dark wolf. 
jaylen knew this one before, and now he watched him from afar, behind ferns and overgrowth that kept his looming figure shadowed. he rolled, crossed his paws, furrowed his brow. unable to find peace- had he not healed from the loss of his mother? no- it had been so long, certainly he was past this... but new things troubled the little canine. jaylen came out at a slow and casual gait, heavy paws marking a trail in the soil and flattening the grasses as he came closer. he paused, eyeing the wolf with wide dark eyes from a distance. something troubling you, friend?
this character may be prone to hugging strangers.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
a low, gentle voice; it sparked something great and visceral in the boy. he rolled to face the large dark shape of the bear in the distance, a soft whine disembarking from his throat. "no," merrick breathed, tears filling the single eye. how had the spirit known to come to him, to find him?
straightening, he padded some feet toward the much larger bruin, a saddened tailwave greeting his companion. "this place is all mine. stay as long as you want."
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
tears met the wolf's eyes as he replied no, though jaylen inwardly doubted whether this was the truth. the creature came to him then, tail wagging meekly. bear settled himself comfortably on the ground, content in his belief that this wolf could do no harm; there was no concern and thus he could let his guard down. not that there was much guard to begin with. thank you... all yours? he wondered aloud, taking a deep sniff of leathery nose. it smells like many wolves. are these your family?
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
he watched, fascinated, as the bear moved and ebbed and somehow grew larger in his eyes. ph — bear — god — blessed.
he wet his lips and nodded. "all mine. all belong to me." a switch of plume at his heels, tears drying to fading tracks. "did you ... did you come here for a reason?"
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
belong to me
that was certainly an interesting way to put it, jaylen thought. was it because they found belonging here? or did merrick see them as... his? his property? jaylen hadn't the brain to dissect these thoughts, and already he had a new question to answer. 

n-no... i woke up here after winter ended. and then i remembered coming here before, but... but... there isn't always a reason for everything, jaylen decided firmly with a heavy nod of his great head. if you hadn't given me permission, would i need a reason? he chuckled, for he knew little about wolves and their territory- only that they seemed quite protective of it.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"no." merrick shook his head emphatically. "this place, i built it ... not for myself, but for you." single eye glimmered earnestly. "for you, for those like you. this is ursus. it is a land for bears. my wolves and i keep it for you."
poor impassioned merrick; he bit the inside of his jaw to keep from babbling further, tracing the salted cut in his cheek as he gazed toward his god.
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
no.
how hospitable! jaylen was absolutely charmed by this man's good manners and kind soul. for meee? jaylen hummed with a grin. that is so sweet of you! his cheeks became warm, feeling that he ought to somehow repay merrick. is there something i can do for you in return? giving me a home, naming it after bears too, is such a great favor... he sighed warmly, smile finding its way to his dark gaze too.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
a grin chased itself across merrick's features. "are you kidding? you being here is enough. wait," and the single eye suddenly leapt and glowed with feral flame. "the next time i howl, and call all of us together — will you come also?"
shivering, he kept his jaw tight now around the rest of the words which wished to leap, though he could not hide the enthusiasm coursing his body like nectar.
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
absolutely! jaylen agreed with an enthusiastic smile. who was he to turn down a party invitation? and how generous was merrick, that he only looked for the bear's arrival at his gatherings! if i hear you howl, i'll be there as soon as i can be. and from now on i'll probably stick around here, he laughed, hopeful that the other wolves of ursus might allow him safe passage.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"wicked," merrick breathed, settling down alongside the bear. "it's good to have friends." inside his heart the spirit whispered; merrick bit his lip and glanced toward the kind features of the greater beast. "what do you like to eat?"
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
jaylen nodded at the sentiment, softly smiling- glad he had made another friend here beyond aerasha. perhaps the bears did not come to greet him often, but he had two wolf friends, one even letting him stick around rent free. it was sweet. 

the question that came next was unexpected, but as his pea brain thought up his answers, he licked a drop of hanging drool. lots of stuff, i'm not picky. berries, fish... little birds, bugs. deer on days that i feel like i can hunt big stuff. and uh, sometimes just... dead stuff i find. and at that last one he cracked an awkward half-smile, as if shy that he might occasionally feast like a vulture. 

what about you? i guess wolves don't eat berries, huh?
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
carrion. merrick knew the taste, once upon a time.
a vulture's clacking beak.
merrick shut his eyes, drew a breath.
mom mommy mom mom i buried — i put you
in the snow —!
another breath; the boy found iron in his spine once more. "haven't met a berry worth eating," as if nothing had happened, as if he had not suddenly struggled beneath the eye of god. "i do like honey, though. what a taste."
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
shut his eyes, a deep breath, another. jaylen watched expectantly as if this was some talent show or magic act, as if merrick's next words or action might be something exciting. exciting indeed it was- who didn't like berries? jaylen scoffed with a shake of his massive head, maybe you just haven't met the right berries. he laughed, and continued, OH! honey. yeah, that's fantastic too. whenever bees aren't in the way, that is. 
can we wrap this soon if possible? could just fade with them talking if exit is too abrupt? <3
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
last from me! we can fade here or archive <3
jaylen was a considerate sort of character, and merrick leant into their shared space a little more trustingly. despite the aggression of the ursine spirit within his chest, this bear was opposite in many ways. jaws split into a comfortable yawn, and he grinned toward his companion. "what's your favorite star?" and away they went again, merrick wishing to drink in all that could be known about jaylen.