Moonspear Vienna
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Wolves that have hurt my family, once, she shared, wolves that I will not allow to do so again, should I be granted the good fortune of finding their whereabouts. Here her tail lashed behind her, and regarded Bronco. One wolf mauled my son; he was a boy. Too young to properly defend himself. Dacio, a packmate, saw it transpire—was able to intervene in time before anything worse could happen... but Dacio did not see that his wounds were treated after, and succumbed to infection, she revealed, but at the heart of it she blamed the nameless raven she-wolf for it. I know she is a young she-wolf with black furs herself, though older than my son, and I know her scent, she informed, and here she described for Bronco the way that wretch smelled. As any other wolf might, but there were strange notes that Hydra's own keen nose could pick up on. Every wolf had a scent that was like a thumbprint; it was an identifier. She has a companion, Merrick, and here Hydra described the appearance of Merrick to him as she had last been told of it. The identifier of his ruddy nape; the hue of his eye. His scent, too, which she had not caught wind of since last he had passed through Neverwinter. She continued, after: and the both seem to enjoy bringing harm to those they deem defenseless. They sound similar to the Saints, she recognized... perhaps they had become one and the same. 

Information came to her, and she absorbed it. The more misdeeds they committed, the more she learned of their nature. It was a nature she was intimately familiar with, but with age came the wisdom on how to reckon with those darker pieces of her own soul that came alive when those she loved were hurt. It was unbearable, the feeling when such a thing happened—intolerable. And unforgivable. Hurting those she loved, protected—it was a fatal error. 

And the threat of it? It would not do. 

Hydra needed no time to consider his next inquiry. Should you see a wolf that threatens you, call for assistance if you are able. These wolves are ones without honor or regard, and we will not grant them such things—not when they are content to harm wolves that have yet to reach adulthood, her muzzle wrinkled in disgust and contempt to think of them, and as for their sentence: if it is within our power, we must kill them before they are given another chance to do so to our family... and with our family, countless others will be saved from their ways. But it is not something you should undertake alone, Bronco, and first and foremost you must recover to train to defend yourself well from their sort. She pictured Merrick and his group (convincing herself that this must be the other group Mal had alluded to...) discovering Bronco as he was now; an easy target, with his bruises and aches and good, kind heart. Hydra looked to him to ascertain that he understood the importance of taking care of himself and healing. The story of Dacio would likely have done that, but if not, perhaps her feelings on the matter would.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
Vienna - by RIP Bronco - August 11, 2020, 11:56 AM
RE: Vienna - by Hydra - August 17, 2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Vienna - by RIP Bronco - August 17, 2020, 05:41 PM
RE: Vienna - by Hydra - August 20, 2020, 11:17 AM
RE: Vienna - by RIP Bronco - August 20, 2020, 12:09 PM
RE: Vienna - by Hydra - August 25, 2020, 01:04 PM
RE: Vienna - by RIP Bronco - August 25, 2020, 05:27 PM
RE: Vienna - by Hydra - August 25, 2020, 08:50 PM
RE: Vienna - by RIP Bronco - August 25, 2020, 09:25 PM
RE: Vienna - by Hydra - August 25, 2020, 09:49 PM