Moonspear I don't wanna go, go, go with the flow
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra could only presume to know what Mira had endured. The womans scent all over her daughter was indication enough; she imagined Mira might have hated that most of all, second perhaps only to being away from home against her will. Punishment enough, she figured—but Hydra would not have so much of a trace of that wretch upon her daughter. The woman was fortunate to have died by the teeth of her daughter rather than her own. No kindness, no mercy—Hydra would not permit the other to go gently. Hydra paused while grooming her cub, taller and leaner and not so little anymore, a look passing over her features as she regarded her daughter. 

I hope you made her suffer for doing as she did to you. To me. To us. 

How did they decide? A good question. Moonspear has had the number for it for some time, though our claim over the hunting grounds had been solid enough where it did not feel a necessity. There needed to be a good wolf to lead it, too, and more than that one who was willing. There are plenty of wolves worthy of such a title, she drawled, thinking of all of her eldest, but some are content with their present roles and some simply do not wish to leave. There is nothing wrong with either, she drawled, for subordinates are what keep our pack strong, and help it to thrive. And those who wish to stay are no less loyal than those who wish to build upon our claim, but if they are happy here then they need not go. She explained. Arcturus had never wished to leave to start such a thing, and Hydra had thought that he would live and die on this rock. Life had other plans for him, though. 

Each other, she informed with a grin. We are wolves. Just as we do not hunt alone, we ought not fight alone if we do not need to. There is no dishonor in defending our borders, or one another, together, when a threat comes. Believe me when I say those that make themselves our enemies might pretend to know honor for a time, to disarm you, but would have no shame in taking advantage of a circumstance presented to them if the time was right to them. Remember that those who are our enemies, or were our enemies, were named such by us for a reason. We have few we regard as such... Ursus, the Saints, she hummed, ...but plenty that disagree with our ways beyond them. Here she shrugged. Hydra did not live to please others; she lived to keep her family alive and to see that they thrived.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
I don't wanna go, go, go with the flow - by Mira - November 04, 2020, 10:25 AM
RE: I don't wanna go, go, go with the flow - by Hydra - November 04, 2020, 11:39 AM
RE: I don't wanna go, go, go with the flow - by Mira - November 04, 2020, 12:10 PM
RE: I don't wanna go, go, go with the flow - by Hydra - November 04, 2020, 12:29 PM
RE: I don't wanna go, go, go with the flow - by Mira - November 04, 2020, 12:44 PM
RE: I don't wanna go, go, go with the flow - by Hydra - November 04, 2020, 01:28 PM
RE: I don't wanna go, go, go with the flow - by Mira - November 28, 2020, 09:57 PM
RE: I don't wanna go, go, go with the flow - by Hydra - December 14, 2020, 01:54 PM