NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
All Welcome 
A lot of Eljay's days since the pack meeting had been spent sleeping. He could feel that he needed to catch up on some new energy; much like when he had first joined Brecheliant and needed a break from all of his responsibilities. The former Auspex felt as though a weight had lifted from his shoulders. He was proud that @Maia had been chosen by the pack to be the new Auspex, and honestly, he was also proud that there had been so many different wolves that were voted for. It showed just how much trust the wolves had in each other, and how many of them would've made a good Auspex to the pack.

@Teya was one of those wolves. Eljay wished he had had a better opportunity to speak to her before the meeting. He hoped she didn't mind that he had voted for Maia (even though he could've made it a tiebreaker at best, anyway). Teya had had a lot on her plate and even though that wasn't a fair reason to vote for Maia instead, Eljay just saw how much his mate had grown, and how much opportunity this would give her to grow, too. He had grown a lot as Auspex, and he hoped that she would gain the same degree of confidence, herself.

Today Eljay sat down by the lake as the sun started to set and he sighed, feeling content, and more relaxed than he had felt in a long time.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Teya is still more than welcome at any point <3

Some of the reactions after the meeting had helped to calm Maia down some, but it still felt strange. This had been the first time the entire pack had been involved in picking leadership like this, especially the Auspex role. The very first time, the Ravens had all volunteered, and then they'd all three agreed that Ibis could be the first one to lead the trio. Knowing that not all of your packmates thought you should be the one holding that position was strange, even if she understood that this didn't mean they thought she couldn't do the job. Maybe, from now on, they should do it the way they had before... and the Ravens could choose amongst themselves. The rest of the pack trusted them, so it kind of made sense.

She'd been thinking about it while she hunted, and she'd managed to catch a couple of ducks that she'd given to the kids. Some might be left by the time she got back, but Eljay wasn't there, so she went to find him.

She didn't immediately say anything when she saw him standing and staring out at the lake. She knew he'd hear her approaching as she came up alongside him and gently leaned in, her tail brushing against his affectionately as she did. It was a beautiful view of the sky while it changed and she didn't want to interrupt the magic of the moment just yet.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya had come to visit the pair, but as she saw maia and eljay sitting together, she felt truly as if she were intruding.
however as usual she had brought a fish, and now she stood awkwardly off as their backs were turned to her. her eyes darted around, and then she set it down.
the raven meant to sneak backward and then away, but her foot crunched noisily upon a pile of autumn leaves. she swore beneath her breath and looked back at them. "h-hi. i bring, uh — food."
[Image: zTO57rj.png]
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay smiled softly as he heard Maia's soft footsteps behind him. He recognised her footfalls by now, and his tail waved gently back and forth a few times as she joined him. She did not speak at first, and Eljay himself kept that peace going for now.

Before words came to either of them, be heard a crunch of leaves. It was sudden, as he hadn't noticed Teya's approach at all. The caretaker quickly rose to his feet and turned around, though his tense disposition immediately melted when he saw it was Teya. He smiled softly at her and said, Thanks, Teya. Do you want to join us? He glanced at Maia, hoping that he wasn't suggesting anything she disagreed with; but it was too late to take it back now, anyway.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
It was beautiful and super peaceful. Maia drank in the moment while it lasted and just enjoyed Eljay's company, letting her thoughts slow down and quiet down for the first time in a bit. She didn't realize how badly she just needed to take a breath.

Teya!! Yes, stay! Unless you're busy. Maia turned but didn't move, instead sitting back on her haunches so that her back still brushed Eljay, but she could also watch Teya for her response. She couldn't just hunt for them and leave! Well, she could, if she wanted to. But she shouldn't! It was too nice an evening for that.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
fuck well that made it over. "yes. i stay," she ventured, and approached the pair of wolves who had remained lovebirds into marriage.
her eyes turned toward the light, as much to distract herself from them as it was to focus herself on something else than the growing seed of jealousy starting to sprout.
"i love autumn," she said aloud, glancing at maia and then eljay. "it says things still beautiful even as winter comes."
unsure where that had come from, she fell silent, and vaguely pensive.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Teya decided to stay after Eljay and Maia invited her with encouragement to do so. Eljay smiled as she made the decision to stay, and then turned his gaze back towards the beautiful lake, completely unaware of any feelings Teya might be having.

Suddenly Teya mentioned her love for autumn, and that there was still beauty despite winter's fast approach. The words were so true and so heart-felt, they made Eljay smile. That's beautiful, Teya, he said in turn, still hugging close to Maia.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
It is. Maia was happy that Teya chose to stay. Eljay moved in closer, but Maia looked at him and smiled with a hint of apology. She knew he'd understand immediately, but she didn't want him thinking she was pulling away because she wanted to. Hopefully he'd close the gap again.

Not wanting Teya to feel left out now that they'd invited her to join, Maia moved closer to sit beside her. She hadn't really known how to approach everything that had happened with Reyes and with... everything! But she imagined it had to be hard. It was good to hear her optimism.

I love the winter, too. It's cold, but the snow is beautiful. I can't wait to see the kids play in it for the first time. Maia's smile grew just thinking about it.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
the warmth with which maia and eljay had always received teya turned her to silk in that moment. "i hope when lake freeze, sorana want to go back to it." the den on the tiny island was abandoned now, and she herself could hardly bear to go back.
the raven cleared her throat. "ah — bronco ask to — court me. and," she rushed on, before she lost this rare strong nerve, "so if there are — maybe there be more ... family. next year." her cheeks burned but ruefully she turned to them with a spare delight in her eyes, hoping they would respond the way she wanted.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Ah, yes, the coming winter. The father wondered which of his children would enjoy the snow and which would sulk as the cold flakes first clung to their paw pads. Eljay pensively stared out across the lake towards the island when Teya mentioned that Sorana might go back when it froze over. He could only try to imagine how hard it must be for her to see the place. Things had been weird with Reyes. Eljay always imagined he'd return after he had disappeared, but he hadn't; not so far, anyway. Hopefully nothing bad had happened to him. Perhaps life would drift him back to Brecheliant at some point.

Teya's next words surprised Eljay. He felt like he must've been so blind not to have noticed this before. It was harder and harder for him to keep up, though, so it did not come as a big surprise to him that he might miss things. It seemed to happen more and more often these days. He smiled softly though, and said, That is wonderful, Teya. Congratulations! At least; from her tone, it sounded like she had said 'yes'. Teya's next words surprised Eljay. He remembered that she had been so averse to having children when she had Sorana. But it seemed that he was correct after all; parenthood had softened Teya's stance on not wanting children, and now it seemed she was already looking forward to next year, to have more children, after having had Sorana. His smiled brightened as he looked at Maia and then Teya and said, I'm happy to hear that. He had enjoyed watching Sorana and his children grow up beside each other; hopefully, they could do it another year.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Eljay was happy - Maia was ecstatic. She tried to contain some of her enthusiasm but she did so poorly. Teya and Bronco?! They would make an ADORABLE couple!! Teya was so sweet, and Bronco was such a good friend! Maia had never really followed his love life, beyond a brief crush a long time ago, but he was wayyy too cute to be single. And Reyes and Teya had issues, right? She deserved someone who would be psyched about kids and Bronco was definitely the type!

Ohmygosh. That's amazing!!! Ahh, seriously! Teya, I'm so happy for you! And for Bronco, he's the best. He's always been absolutely amazing with kids. Besides, if they made it official, that made them officially family! More officially, at least! It didn't change anything but Maia couldn't help but be excited over it.

More than anything, Maia was excited to see Teya excited by the prospect of children. She wanted nothing more than to have company in it, and for her kids to have cousins to play with. But she really wanted Teya to have what she had - a supportive family and the full joy that came with it. Sorana was beautiful, and this year had been wonderful, but she would hate to see her friend go through that difficult of a period again. Maia was willing to bet that Bronco wouldn't let that happen. This was amazing!
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
teya blushed and chuckled under the praise of her closest friends. "he is really kind, sweet. gentle. we — taking things slow. it has been really good."
her heart raced; her pulse pounded. her mind was flush with all thoughts of him and how he held her. was this how maia and eljay felt about each other? was that truly possible?
"i should get back to borders, but —" and here, even shy, reticent teya sought to give each of them a hug.
"it good to know i have strong family." her eyes were bright with joy and tears of it. she grinned at them both and then turned away, her step easier than it had been for a long time.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Maia burst with excitement about the news, and it made Eljay smile to see her so enthusiastic. It was one of the things that he loved so much about Maia.

Bronco was indeed a good wolf. He reminded Eljay of many beloved that he had lost — among them Wildfire, Uncle Colt, his parents, Niamh — and Bronco, despite all the hardships in his youth, had grown into a fine man that Eljay was proud to call his family. I'm glad, he said softly when Teya said that they were taking things slow, and that things felt good. He was excited to think about Teya and Bronco starting a family in the coming year, alongside Eljay and Maia's (hopefully) next litter. The kids loved Sorana, and to think they would have another batch of cousins to play with filled Eljay's heart with joy. It reminded him of his own growing up and the many years of Redhawks and Blackthorns growing up alongside each other.

Teya mentioned that she should head back to the borders and Eljay nodded. He accepted the hug, leaning in to press his nose against her fur firmly yet gently. He smiled softly though broadly as she spoke again. After Teya had gone, Eljay leaned into Maia and said to her, We have created something so beautiful here. It wasn't until he had left Redhawk Caldera to join Brecheliant that Eljay realised how much he had needed Brecheliant. It wasn't until he had joined Brecheliant that Eljay had truly felt like he had value to a pack.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia was surprised by the hug and returned it fiercely, happy beyond words to see Teya looking so delighted. Her friend had been through some rough times and Maia was so, so grateful to see her finally get some of the light in her life that she deserved. We’ll have to talk soon. Maia said, then smiled and waved as she left. She’d find her later and they could talk more about Bronco and how things were going - but maybe it was too early to push for details!! She was just so excited!

Maia nodded and moved to press against Eljay, sitting where Teya had been and leaning in. We really did. Sometimes they come and go, but it’s stayed a family. They’d both grown a lot since the start. Maia didn’t think another pack would have let them do that.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay nodded at Maia's words. He had grown up alongside his birth family and lived by them most of his life, but it was completely different with Brecheliant. He'd grown and changed so much since joining the pack. We really have, Eljay said softly as he leaned into Maia. I grew up surrounded by family, but I don't think I ever really knew how relaxed and encouraging family should feel until I joined Brecheliant. His parents had been great, and so had his aunt and uncle — but he had always been the odd one out, the one who just wasn't as talented and successful as most of his siblings and cousins. It had been tough for him. Here at Brecheliant, he was still different than everyone else, but somehow it didn't feel like that was a bad thing.
Brecheliant
Raven*
1,149 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Fisher
last for me! <3

this serenity and this peace, the sense of love between them all, kit had woven the caldera close with a quickening of blackthorn protection.
they would move forward, their children would play together, they would live as one in the peace they had always maintained.
teya felt still in this moment, free of the burdens which had so plagued her of late.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
ok to fade this if you like <3 maybe they can have another post-redhawk awkward XD

She was so happy for him, and also so proud of him for all of the things he’d done since she’d met him. Leaving the Caldera, realizing at least a part of how special he really was, stepping into leadership. The look she gave him spoke volumes about all of that, and she tipped her head up to give him a kiss.

I’m so glad. I never thought I’d find another place that made me feel like home used to. But with everyone here, it’s similar. She smiled, suddenly nostalgic. I’m grateful that the kids can grow up having what we had. It was hard to imagine how different her life could have been if only a few things had changed. If she had the chance she wouldn’t touch a single thing. All of it was important because no matter what, she was exactly where she wanted to be.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
It didn't matter to Eljay where they were; wherever the rest of Brecheliant was, was home to him. Me too, he said softly in response, and leaned in close to Maia with a sigh of happiness.