Redtail Rise Deep In Your Veins, I will Not Lie
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Private 
He's not on the borders, well enough away to be respectable. @Avicus

Alaric traversed from one end of these wilds to another. Learning their markers, their scents and the terrain. There was a multitude of packs between one and another, but he hadn't made to much contact with other packs, as of yet. That didn't mean he didn't have immediate plans too. He just wanted to learn the lay of the land first. Though.

He stopped short as he sniffed. There was pack here, but also blood and bile. He could smell it. Faint, but there. He was a healer. This was the only reason he knew that. And one scent he recognized that young girl he had shared herbs with. He wondered were she okay.

He stood for a moment indecisive, but then he started to walk away again. He didn't wish to bother any. Though now her questions of him made a little bit of sense. If the acrid smell of copper was anything to go by.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
at first, she thinks it's Aventus. gallops down from the heights of the Rise to greet him, only to find that this is someone else entirely, observing their borders from a near distance. 

her friendly posture gives way to wariness, and she slackens her pace, giving him an imperious bark.

who you? she demands, lifting her chin. a shadow just like her brother, but with vivid green eyes, and lankier than Aventus. she doesn't recognize him.

but he's big enough, and seems strong.

beggars can't be choosers.
but see, amid the mimic rout,
a crawling shape intrude —
a blood-red thing that writhes from out
the scenic solitude
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A sound of running feet and black head lifted, evergreen eyes following the movement of a red wolf coming down from the rise. 

Brief in his movements, he stops and adopts a stand of deference, after all he knows the rules, the tricks.

Alaric Willow. Trader, Healer, StoryTeller. He offers in return and then he waits. 

Red with bright purple eyes. She stared at him then. Reading the room as he had.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
ah, quite the resume. nothing that impresses her much.

but he's rangy and strong and has experience, and for that she remains, giving him the benefit of the doubt.

wha' you doin' here? Avicus asks, casting her muzzle along the length of her border. he's been lingering, and she wants to know why.
the scenic solitude
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric saw her eyeing him and he didn't much mind. He could handle his own. He didn't like too, but he could. He tilted his head as she spoke at him.

He nodded to the border line. I was debating whether or not to call for leadership and offer my services. But then you came upon me.

He shifted and kept his body neutral. Tilted head, green eyes bright.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
so she had. Avicus continues to look him over, contemplating.

we have a healer, she remarks coolly. wha' ihh' 'hhrading?

it's not a term she's heard before, and it's the only one of the three that she cares to hear more about. she's willing to hear him out if it'd be beneficial to the Rise, especially with pups on the way.
the scenic solitude
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric didn't move from her gaze. Allowed her to look him over. He said nothing about a healer, just offered a small nod of acknowledgement.

It can be many things. I can trade herbs for furs, food, a place to stay. I can trade a story for meat or meat for a story. I have offered furs, pelts, herbs for different things. Sometimes pretty things, but usually useful. Bones, meat, rest and so forth.

He did not add that he offered his body on occasion. That wouldn't win him many favors with a lot of wolves, so he kept it to himself usually.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
her brows knit and furrow as she stares at him, bewildered but undoubtedly intrigued.

you can 'hhrade a 'hhory for foodh? Avicus queries, tongue idly running over her chops. that's more than any of their softer wolves did, even Ashlar. it might be valuable.

she shifts her weight upon forepaws, thinking. can you prove ihh'? bring foodh for a 'hhory?

she doesn't think it's possible. who would give up goods for fantasies? but it wouldn't hurt to give him a chance; failure, and they'd not see him again—or could easily drive him away.

success. . .and they could eat well.
the scenic solitude
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He nodded. I've traded a story for food and shelter both.

Alaric smiled at her, and quirked his brow. You want me to go to another pack, tell a story and bring food?

he gave a hard nod. I could do that.

He didn't know how he could prove it. But he was willing to try, if nothing more to prove that he could.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
it sounds good enough to her. interesting, anyway; something she's never considered before. she gives him a nod in go-ahead, eyes warming in intrigue.

bring foodh, Avicus says briefly, not quite a command.

with that, she's moving away across the Rise again, having no more yet to do with the man. if he returns, he does so with food (if not, he'll feel her claws).

and if not, well. . .

absent love is no love lost at all.
the scenic solitude