Swiftcurrent Creek pilot
Hushed Willows
1,514 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Warrior woman. Reverie flushed even more deeply, thinking helplessly that she should very much like to see Bellatrix in action. It took every ounce of willpower she possessed to avoid falling into some idle daydream of Bellatrix crushing some random man to dust. Violence was not her way, it horrified her, but —
Well, she thought it might look good on Bellatrix. She tried to shake the thought away and focus on the question asked of her. No one had ever asked what her name meant before. She blinked, suddenly feeling foggy as she reached for the explanation. It means... What does it mean? Why can't I remember? Reverie looked away briefly, unsettled confusion written into her features.
The girl in the reverie;
Do you remember now?
The voice was not her own. She inhaled sharply, and thought for the first time in many weeks of Father Fire. A high trill came from somewhere above them both, the beginnings of birdsong in the trees, and briefly the air came alive with the sound of many birds calling out. Reverie looked up, eyes wide with wonder. It lasted only a few seconds; the briefest moment of magic. And then, all at once, the birds went silent and took flight in a great rustling of wings and shuddering tree branches. She watched them go, and when she could no longer see them her eyes found Bellatrix again.
A daydream, I think, But her voice was distant now, her gaze wandering almost as soon as it had found the girl. She heard the voice again.
Do you remember...?
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
pilot - by Bellatrix - February 22, 2023, 02:32 PM
RE: pilot - by Reverie - February 23, 2023, 11:57 AM
RE: pilot - by Bellatrix - February 24, 2023, 10:11 AM
RE: pilot - by Reverie - February 24, 2023, 04:15 PM
RE: pilot - by Bellatrix - February 25, 2023, 02:03 PM
RE: pilot - by Reverie - February 26, 2023, 12:58 PM
RE: pilot - by Bellatrix - February 26, 2023, 02:08 PM
RE: pilot - by Reverie - February 26, 2023, 03:32 PM
RE: pilot - by Bellatrix - March 01, 2023, 06:35 AM