Lost Creek Hollow Buri
271 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
The darkness of Riverclan’s trees had lost some of its intimidation. For a young wolf who had spent his life by the roaring waters of the ocean, it seemed like a suffocating home. After visiting it and learning about the healing wolves that lived there, he understood why they had selected it for their clan. He thought them odd, but he knew they meant well with their actions.

Trailing the edge of the darkwood hollow, Swordfish lifted his snout and breathed in. The old man’s smell had returned to the edge of Riverclan. He wondered if that meant the stern-faced Germanicus had found what he was looking for.

Curiosity won over his antisocial mind. The redtail wolf drew back his head and called for @Germanicus.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus was learning to settle.

he had devoted himself to learning as many of the shadows as he was able. he had mapped the waterways and the high places above the falls.

he did not want to sleep among the others, and so he found a perch overlooking the river and the dens.

the eagle was unable to keep himself from a patrol and there he found the boy who had brought him to crowfeather. "thank you."
271 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The silver-touched man appeared from the shadows. It was the yellow of his eyes that Swordfish noticed first. They were sharp and focused. So lost in the stare of the other man, he almost missed the words that were spoken.

Thank you?

Swordfish blinked his confusion and his head pulled back. What did the man have to be thankful to Swordfish for? The young redtail had done nothing to aid the man, except to show him where the healing pack was settled. Maybe this was his place of peace, the boy thought.

Oh, aye… yer uh, yer welcome. Was hopin’ I might see ya, he drawled.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"here i am."

a halfway jest.

"what brings you today?" the eagle inquired, despite the fact that he did not rule here. but habits died a hard death and he was a protector.

the boy here too, beneath his wing.
271 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I’d like to learn to fight, he drawled in answer.

It was mostly assumption that lead Swordfish to seek out Germanicus. The man looked like he had the makings of a tactful warrior in his arsenal. Though he spoke in a level tone and concealed any emotion he may have felt behind his stoic features, his bright yellow eyes, there was something in the motion of the man’s figure that said he had known battle.

Are ya much of a teacher?

Red tail swayed and then settled.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"i have taught many."

not a brag. he eyed the boy as he spoke, appraising his musculature.

"why are you wanting to learn?" as imperator he did not question.

but that was no longer his title.
271 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Unsurprising, the man said that he had taught many to fight. Swordfish had assumed as much. It did not take a sharp mind to notice Germanicus’ figure, his tight musculature, or the seriousness that reflected in his stare.

When asked why he wished to learn, Swordfish sniffed. What did such a thing matter to him?

I need to. Fer me.

Germanicus would need to accept this answer. The young redtailed wolf was not willing to budge much further on the subject. If the intimidating man would not teach him, Swordfish would find someone else who would.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
there was no reason to question further.

the eagle drew up to his full height and motioned for the younger wolf to follow him. there was a clearing he knew, ringed by at least two fallen trees. it would be an apt place.

cardinals flew away as the two wolves arrived. he turned his yellow eyes upon the other. "over there, across from me a distance. stand still."