Swiftcurrent Creek Promise in the dark you'll be my nightlight
Hushed Willows
1,522 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Of course I found you, Her own breathless giggle joined his, a light kind of magic in the air. Your light shines for miles, Everett. And she kissed his cheek and pulled him into a slow twirl, knowing he was no dancer but wanting to feel just a little of that art with him all the same.
There's so much I haven't told you, Reverie admitted, turning a little shy now. But I want to tell you now. I want you to know me as I am now. My name is Reverie. I'm a dancer. And...
She told him everything. From that first day when Riverclan had chased her and Bjarna had found her, even those pretty little moments when she'd first met Lestan. She told him about all her sins and the wounded woman and the bear and her curse, her curse, her children. She told him how she'd found a sister and a father and lost them both. How she'd loved a man who danced by a lake of fire, and how she'd watched him hurt Tybault to protect her, and how in the end he had taken her heart and left her with his children.
And finally in quiet tones she spoke of Moss, and their future, and her fears. Moss, who had stepped in so readily to fill the space left by the father of her children.
I'm not ready, She confessed at the end of it all. But... when I think of The Gilded Sea, I know I wouldn't trade this for anything.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Messages In This Thread
RE: Promise in the dark you'll be my nightlight - by Reverie - March 29, 2023, 09:57 PM