Stavanger Bay It must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,500 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie blinked, too caught off-guard by the truth of Lestan's reasoning to question its authenticity. It was because of her age, and for a moment she wasn't sure what to do with that. Of course she was aware of their age difference, but beyond feeling slightly intimidated and embarrassed by the inevitable fact that Lestan knew more of this world than she did, she had never given it much thought.
She realized she did not know what to say. Rather than speak, she tucked herself against him, never able to stay away from him when he beckoned her this way.
You didn't do anything wrong, Reverie managed after a small silence, but her voice trembled with something akin to heartbreak. It felt like the closing of something between them, one of the things that Reverie felt made their connection different from all the others she'd forged. Not the only thing, surely, but it hurt. It felt like a distance that would be impossible to close. She could not make herself age any faster, nor could she change the past. There's - nothing wrong with our love. I chose to be with you, and I chose to have Blossom. I just - wasn't ready, but that was my decision, not yours.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you