Stavanger Bay Hope it isn't repetition, though that's the only thing that keeps and takes you
Hushed Willows
1,526 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It wasn't her, he said, but it was; he'd lived a peaceful life before her, a happy one at Swiftcurrent Creek. He used to smile so often. Now she hardly recalled what his smile looked like, and how could she blame anyone but herself? Reverie could not claim that she always had his best interests in mind, and for that, she hated herself. But it wasn't too late to change that. Even if it meant sundering her own happiness in the most cutting of ways.
You were happy, before. At Swiftcurrent Creek, Reverie said quietly, unable to meet his eyes now. Before me.
I want you to heal, Lestan. If that means being away from me - then it means that I'm not good for you, whether you think that's my fault or not. And no amount of time away will fix that, and I can't - I can't do that to you. You deserve better. You deserve someone who can help you heal, or at least be there to see it and support you, Her throat hurt, but she went on. That's what marriage is supposed to be - to me, it is. And if I can't be that for you, then this isn't the kind of marriage I want.
Even if I wait for you again, I know what will happen. I know how it will go, She went on without waiting for him to respond. They'd been through this before, hadn't they? I'll worry about you all the time, and Blossom will get older, and things will happen while you're away. When you get back - if you get back, if you don't get hurt or - or killed out there - you'll have missed so much, and Blossom will hardly know you, and I'll feel bitter and you'll feel guilty, and nothing will be better. I won't do it again. I won't.
I don't want to raise our daughter alone. I'm already so overwhelmed with being a mother - she needs you, Lestan. I'm not - I can't be enough for her, not on my own, Reverie swallowed. But if this is what you need - if there isn't any other way, then I won't keep you from it. I won't try to stop you from leaving. Her voice started to falter, tears threatening her in force now. But I - I won't be here when you get back. I'll go to the island, to be with Everett, and when - when you get back, we - we can discuss - how we'll raise Blossom. If we can't heal together - I - I can't. I'm just tired.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hope it isn't repetition, though that's the only thing that keeps and takes you - by Reverie - July 24, 2023, 06:27 PM