Sunbeam Lair [m] Just give it time, the sands will pass
Hushed Willows
1,526 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She was not alone. Reverie startled at the unfamiliar voice, glancing all around the cave before she spotted the dark figure. Embarrassed, she hurried to dry her tears. Um, I - well - She bit her lip and tried again. No, I - I'm not alright, I guess. The confession slipped from her a little abruptly; it wasn't what she'd meant to say.
But she couldn't bring herself to take it back. Something terrible happened to me here, Her voice dropped as she continued, and her gaze fell away from the stranger. She looked back up at the sky briefly. Months ago. I... I'm not over it yet, I think. It felt good to say it, to finally speak aloud the hurt she had kept hidden for months in the vain hope of saving her marriage. Of course Lestan had known; how could he not? Yet she had tried all the same to stifle it, to staunch the bleeding of wounds too deep to ever heal, to twist and break and bend the ill-fitting pieces of their love back together, until her own hands were stained scarlet; until she no longer knew if the blood was hers or his. Only that it covered them both.
Messages In This Thread
[m] Just give it time, the sands will pass - by Reverie - August 31, 2023, 12:09 PM
RE: Just give it ti[m]e, the sands will pass - by Fiona - September 02, 2023, 07:25 PM
RE: Just give it ti[m]e, the sands will pass - by Reverie - September 04, 2023, 02:04 AM
RE: Just give it ti[m]e, the sands will pass - by Fiona - September 11, 2023, 08:47 PM
RE: Just give it ti[m]e, the sands will pass - by Reverie - September 27, 2023, 01:11 PM
RE: Just give it ti[m]e, the sands will pass - by Fiona - October 03, 2023, 08:21 PM