Bramblepoint how precious time placed it's hand on me
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Private 
I wasn't planning on doing ghost things but... it's early and decisions are being made!  Only if you want, otherwise this doesn't need to happen. Title song - Precious Time, Journey

He had been dead for quite some time.  There had been pain, regret, acceptance, and then nothing.  Emptiness that stretched to now, where it had been replaced with a familiar forest.  He didn't know what he was doing here.  Maybe he was some remnant of a dream, or maybe this was a dream, and somehow he hadn't died yet.  He simply knew that he would.

It didn't matter.  Something had called him.

Where's my dad?

Colt looked around with the same self-assured calm he'd worn most of his life.  He'd been gone too long to care that the world had moved on without him.  He was here for one reason and one reason only.  No... wait.  He cocked his head, then gave a small snort.  Fuck me sideways, of course she hadn't managed to go peacefully over.  When did she ever do anything without a fight?  He wouldn't have loved her otherwise.

Two reasons.

@RIP Bronco and @RIP Niamh were here somewhere, somehow, and Colt didn't bother with hurrying to find them.  Something told him, after all this time, the rules were different now.  If they needed to find one another they would.  All he needed to do was wait.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! <3 Thanks for bringing him in :) I'm gonna chuck this guy in her for some Father & Son vibes. If Lauren sees this she'll love it >:)

He'd settled in alongside his son, his travelling companion, so that he could get some rest. He tried to avoid letting Killdeer touch him, not knowing whether or not he'd find out the truth. He felt no need to sleep, though, and had spent a few nights simply watching his son's side rise and fall with each soft breath, smiling lightly when his son snored every now and again. Like father, like son.

He felt something pulling him toward Brecheliant, and assumed that it had something to do with having 'unfinished business' involving Killdeer, Teya and his three youngest children. He couldn't help but feel that there was something dark there, too- though he wasn't sure why he felt that way. Perhaps it was just the dread of not knowing what Teya might think, if she could see him too. Would it be fair to her, to let her see him like this? Killdeer hadn't recognized him, not yet at least...Which was a blessing- he'd grown slightly, since they had started their journey together. He was growing at an alarming rate, having revived as a pup. He looked almost old enough to be an adolescent, now.

Something new tugged at his senses, something that he recognized instantly as being supernatural, the same way that he and Wraen had been. Another spirit? He couldn't tell who it was- but he knew a long list. 

While his son slept, he closed his eyes- and when he opened them...He was in Bramblepoint. He recognized it instantly, though it had changed some since...Well, since the last time he had been there. Autumn had come to the land he might have once called home. Panic seized him for a moment, and he looked around, dreading that he might catch a glimpse of blonde fur. 

No, no no no no, he begged in his mind. If Fennec was here, and if he could feel her presence-

When he locked eyes with the other spectre, he froze. When he squeaked out the man's name, his voice cracked. 

"Dad?"
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
He might have waited moments or years.  Colt wasn’t sure he knew what time was anymore, but he sure as hell knew there was no reason to rush.

Hey kiddo.

Colt looked at his son for the first time since death had parted them, not letting the irony escape him that it was the reason they were reunited now too.  I knew you’d be the spitting image of your old man, but I figured that was all you’d inherit.  Turns out you got my shitty luck too.  

He didn’t know how he knew, but somehow he knew.  Echoes of an ending repeated.  He’d never gotten the chance to really be a father, and in a life questionably lived, it was his one regret.  Maybe that’s why he’d been pulled here.

There was both too much and too little to say.  He wasn’t even sure where to start.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He felt his tail wave behind him, though he found himself crumbling a little bit at the sight of the man who existed in his memories as a hero. It was both easy to forgive him, and difficult at the same time; if Colt had been able to live, maybe his life would have been completely different. He knew now, from personal experience, that sometimes death wasn't something one could escape. They'd both fought as much as they could, before quietly succumbing. 

His voice was reassuring, but at the same time it made him want to sob. He shouldn't be able to hear his Dad; and he shouldn't be able to see him, either. He was supposed to be alive!

"Yeah," His voice cracked. He grieved losing the living, and felt the pain that they felt in his absence. Somehow, it felt like he was dying all over again. "Dad, I-" He gritted his teeth together as he began to tremble, fighting to keep the overwhelming wave of negative feelings at bay. 

There was no sense in wishing that none of this had happened, to either of them. His father looked peaceful- so had Wraen. He didn't feel ready to be peaceful yet, and he wasn't quite sure why, but something was pulling at him. 

"Something's...I'm not ready to go yet, I...I think I have..."
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
He could see his son’s hesitation and it took him back.  Back to his own death and how angry he’d been at himself, at the whack-job who’d attacked him, and at whatever fucker chose who lived and died.  But anger didn’t change anything.  He’d still been gone.

There was so much I wanted to do with you kids.  But I wasn’t there.  Instead I got to watch you grow up, watch others do the things I wanted.  And despite everything, despite me, I think you both turned out pretty okay.  He took a slow step towards Bronco, then stopped.  His shoulders dropped as he gave a slight ghostly sigh.

Just wish I could’ve made things easier for your mom.

For the first time, regret was clearly etched in his expression.  She’d found another, even had more kids, and thankfully gone on living. But his shadow had hung over his son, the spitting image of him, and Colt wished more than anything he could have taken that barrier away.

I wasn’t ready either.  I had to trust you were strong enough.  And that she’d take care of you.  He’d done a shit job of accepting that at first.  Far too little and far too late, but at least he got to feel like some semblance of a father here.

Their time grew short.  It was too little, but now that he was here….

Colt looked at his son, eyes full of warm understanding.  Regret for the things he hadn’t done.  Pride for the things that had been achieved nonetheless.  When you are ready, I’ll be there.