Lion Head Mesa seedling,
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
it was coincidence that she was here just hours before when the visitor was. she headed, sacrifices in tow of vipers snakeskin and thornfruits, to the temple of Satsu attended by @Inji and by @Khusobek both. they both aided her in the carrying of it; @Ramesess, too. 
she would not waste time. and she would return to the Cenote once she was wed—her husband-to-be would preside over the party, and she would return for the celebrations later that evening. it was daylight now—most would be asleep from the celebrations the night before.
Toula would rest once the work was done. 
there was another there, and Pharaoh regarded them with a smile. before she had gone, @Eset had redone her visage—but she wore none of her royal garments except for those things of protection, which shimmered faintly in the light. and from her mouth came these things—moments later, she bled upon the Redsands and looked for father, looked for Satsu, and openly prayed:
I am not born of your blood, this I know 
But with this sacrifice and prayer, I hope to show
My care for you, that still only grows 
I humbly ask this of you, Satsu—plant a different seed, in love, to sow—
her voice a song!
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
her hold upon the cenote was too thin, and when she woke next she was home, upon her throne. where ramesses should have been seated alongside her, there was only dust. satsu was weak; much of her ka had gone from her, and was even now siphoning across the wilds to muat-riya.

slowly, the pain of it lessened. it did not cease, and in fact satsu felt gradually more at-ease with the sensation; it almost felt like being alive again with the expectation that it would soon be over. instead of death, there was the chance for something new.

a song came upon the wind, and it was with the voice of ramesses' daughter. satsu drifted. descended. barely mist.

attention rapt upon toula as the prayer was made, and an offering
— laid now before her tomb!

beautiful. the song, the girl, the sight of her ka linking them.

i am sorry, satsu sighs to her ears;
i let my sadness grow too strong.

a kiss upon the girl's forehead; it would feel like a raindrop.
pharaoh.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
Toula looked upon her, she who materialized before her—Satsu! and again, there was approval. she felt the kiss upon her brow, soft and barely there. 
and there was balance restored within herself. for her heart ached to think she bore Satsu’s hatred. I love your daughters—I will always take care of them in the ways that I can, for as long as I live, she told the first Queen, 
as Pharaoh! 
the first might have abdicated, might be dead—but Toula would love her for eternity, and even long after that. 
you too are beautiful. you are fierce. it is easy to see and to know why my father loves you, she spoke next, honoring the Shabti in this way, too.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
the gift of song and offerings, and kind words, grew to be too much.
there is praise and there is pandering. satsu knows the girl means well; she is full of love! she takes time away from her coronation for this! that love is overflowing — but she is directed on this path by ramesses, of this satsu is certain.

she kisses one eyelid, then the other, the moment that toula blinks.
thank you.

one day her own daughters would find their power.
satsu's thoughts go out to ashikaga;
if only it was this face she kissed instead!

alas,
you are pharaoh, you are god-wed; soon you will be mother,
the curse, gone — in its place a blessing with the last of her power.

pressing her forehead to toula's, eyes closed, feeling the last of her ka in transition.

akai hebi no ōjo. her father's title, now her own; her father's power, imbued to her.

go home, daughter. go to your husband. love him. tears springing from her eyes as they open, and satsu is only eyes, only blue, only sky — and gone.

toula is alone to welcome the sun.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
632 Posts
Ooc — anon
and in a dozen different way, Satsu honored her thereafter. Toula’s tears, now, were ones of joy. 
Toula needed no more direction. she would return home, and her heart soared to think she would marry this very evening. Satsu had gone before she could say goodbye, but then it was not yet goodbye. Ammit had not devoured her soul, after all. with her people behind her, Toula turned to head home to the Cenote.