Hushed Willows A Special Announcement
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft
Private 
@Minnow @Reverie @Boone tags for reference

After Minnow agreed to be his mate, Tuft sprinted as hard as he could all the way over to the Coach’s den. Bounding over rocks and boulders, he skidded to a stop right in front of the elegant Reverie.

He stood up, shaking off the dust and dirt off his fur. “Oh Mrs. Reverie I have the best news! I have found someone! Her name is Minnow, and she is the most amazing wolf!” Tuft said, running around in circles around her.

Tuft paused for a second, admiring the coach’s own radiant beauty from her pregnancy. “Forgive me, I’m just so excited to have someone who I love! I have come to you for your permission for Minnow and I to become mates. Would you grant us permission to conceive puppies as well?” He said, flipping over on his back with his tongue hanging out.

Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,425 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It wouldn't be long now. She'd prepared a whelping den for herself already, and now spent her days alternating between lounging in her den and flitting about the territory daydreaming. Hearthwood was quiet of late, aside from the Moonglow woman Minnow entering her season. Reverie had hope that it would pass without incident.

That hope was dashed to pieces when Tuft came to her. Reverie was stretched out just beyond the den entrance, as she often was. She sat up with a soft huff, but listened intently to what he said. Tuft and Minnow, mated now; wanting children. She was happy for them, truly, but this talk of children — she hesitated at that.

I'm happy for you, Tuft, Reverie began, and she meant that, though she worried faintly for Reina and how this would be received by the Middleman. She'd spoken fondly of Tuft not so long ago. Would your children be raised in Hearthwood? Or Moonglow? Whether she had a decision to make at all depended on the answer to this question. And she dreaded it; there was nothing they could do to prevent the temptations of the season from luring their wolves away.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Looking at her upside down, Tuft thought for a moment about where he would want to be with Minnow. He really wanted to stay here with his new pack for a plentitude of reasons, but he was struggling with the idea that he might have to leave Reverie, Boone, Reina and all of his new friends that he has made here.

Flopping back onto his stomach, he thought his next steps should be more professional rather than submissive. Thinking back to his previous conversation with Minnow about where his family would end up, he said to Reverie "It depends really. Minnow has a brother in the Moonglow pack that we need to talk to. I would love to stay here, but if her brother is not willing to relocate, I might have to stay with her there. Minnow is talking to Kukutuk now to see if she would be accepting of our partnership. Is there some sort of tradition here that would force me to move out?" He said.

Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,425 Posts
Ooc — xynien
I would recommend contacting Twin to get Boone's opinion!
She shook her head, ears tilted slightly as she considered Tuft's answer. No one would force you to leave Hearthwood. But if you plan to raise your children at Moonglow, you would need to become a member of their pack, The two packs weren't near enough to one another for anything else; a decision would need to be made. And if you plan to raise them here, you'll need to talk to Boone, too. Her husband no longer led the pack beside her, too occupied with his recovery and the impending arrival of their children, but his opinion still mattered to her. A slight pause before she spoke again;

As far as I'm concerned, your children are welcome in Hearthwood, The words came slowly this time, as if she'd only just decided that this was her opinion. Honestly, Reverie wasn't entirely sure. If anything happened between the couple, the burden of accommodating a broken family and any children caught in the crossfire would fall to Hearthwood. And Reverie would be confined to a den in the coming weeks, where her own children would need her constant attention.

But this was how Hearthwood's future would be assured. She had to trust that Tuft and Minnow could carry this burden on their own.
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft
I talked to Boone and he said that Boone agrees with Reverie!

Tuft looked over to Boone, making sure that he had concurred with Reverie on the subject. Boone nodded his head in agreement

Tuft tried to keep his cool, but then an eruption of excitement and glee came forth. Tuft started jumping up and down, howling at the top of his lungs. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He said, over and over again. He realized how ridiculous he was acting in front of the coach, and calmed down.

He sat down on his haunches and cleared his throat. He lowered his voice, trying to act more manly.

"Yes, thank you. It would be an honor for our children to be raised in Hearthwood. I am sure that there won't be any issues with Minnow's brother or from the other pack on this, I will make sure of it." Tuft said.

Tuft tried to look stern and serious, but anyone could see the smile that was starting to form on his muzzle. Before he went off to Minnow to share the good news, he asked Reverie "Mrs. Reverie, is there anything I can do for you? You have just done so much for me, and I feel like I haven't done a whole lot.".

Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,425 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Wrapping!
Reverie nodded slowly as Tuft burst into excitement, filled with trepidation. She and Boone had not discussed this yet. It just hadn't seemed likely that anyone else would want to start a family within the willows so soon.

She glanced at her husband, but said nothing to him for now. They would speak later. Instead she turned back to Tuft with a soft smile. That's alright. I don't need anything, but thank you. I'll need to talk with Boone and Kukutux, too - but we'll talk about this again soon, With this parting promise, Reverie sent Tuft on his way. Of all the members of their budding pack, he was the last she would have thought might begin a family this year. But she was happy for him. Truly.