Hushed Willows March with me and the borogroves
Hushed Willows
1,519 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
Tags for reference!
Life had settled into an odd yet steady sort of rhythm. Supported by the efforts of so many hunters, Reverie was left to do nothing but dote on her children and gather her herbs. She ventured from the territory more often now that the girls were weaning, sometimes bringing one of them along. Tybault and @Reina were now counted among those trusted to watch after her children, easing the burden on herself and @Everett, but most days it was only them and their girls.

She didn't mind it.

They'd taken the girls to play in the meadow, and while Everett played ineffective referee to an impromptu wrestling match between @Dahlia and Foxglove (something about a stick? She wasn't sure), Reverie had taken @Petal aside to show her more of the dance to call the rains. She figured her brother would call for her if they started biting.

She wasn't sure how to explain the dance to someone who had never seen fire before, though. And she hoped Petal never would. It's a very um, energetic dance - but it's not cheerful either. It's hard to describe if you've never seen fire, Her tone was thoughtful as she spoke. But... I guess you've seen water. It's kind of like the opposite of water.

Would the explanation be lost on her? They'd only just begun to speak a few words of their own here and there. Reverie never felt sure of what they understood and didn't.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you