Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
980 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
All Welcome 
There was a brittle feeling in the large betas heart. Mae had begun to distance herself from him in a big way. And damned if he wasn't super happy that she and Akavir were getting along. But super pissed she wouldn't open her mouth and tell him what was up.

He promised he'd take her to the coast this year. And he had been planning on doing it. Then she got hurt and he and Arlette. But it wasn't like he'd back out on that promise. He had been currently thinking of the best time to go. But Mae barely spoke to him anymore, the little shit head.

He sighed and took a long drink of the river. Then stepped in eyes on the fish darting around. Fish were good for pregnant wolves. Maybe he'd catch some for Arlette.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,108 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette had been wandering around the territory, trying to see what kind of plants were coming up. It was almost a little inconvenient that she was pregnant now during spring but she couldn't choose when she went in heat, so she would deal with it. She had her mouth full with lots of nettle into the mouth. She was bringing it to her own personal stash of herbs when she spotted Arric on the riverbank.

She wagged her tail and went to approach him. She could already tell that he was thinking about some things. She shot him a soft smile, filled with nettles before placing it down. "Hello, handsome," she hummed happily. She bummed her nose against his muzzle and gave him a lick in greeting.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
980 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric lifted his head with a small smile at the paw steps he knew better than his own. Arlette wasn't quite showing yet. It would be awhile. But they knew. And damn if he wasn't scared and excited.

He chuckled at her nettle smile. He bent his head to lick a stripe along her head and ear. Bumped his nose gently to her side.

Heya love bug, heya babies.

He blinked and looked her over. She seemed okay. 

You feeling okay? Need anything?

Sniffed her over.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,108 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette wagged her tail as she was greeted. When she looked up she spotted an unruly tuft of fur on top of his head. She had spied it before but now she shifted on her hind legs and pushed herself up a little. Her front paw resting against his shoulder for balance as she licked the top of his head. She licked the tuft down. She was pleased but as she lowered herself she saw the rebellious piece of fur jump up again. She gave it a light scowl before having to laugh about it. It was so Arric.

She just couldn’t help but melt a little because Arric was so cute with greeting the babies. Not that they were any bigger than a toe bean probably. ”Yes, I do. That is why I have the nettle actually,” she admitted. She hadn’t been too sick yet but she had been preventive with taking the nettle. She had experience with it after all. “I took it preventively,” she explained. ”What is on your mind?”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
980 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arlette used his shoulder. He planted paws apart to hold his ground. Not that she was any bigger than a minute. And he was pretty sturdy usually. But better safe than sorry.

She tried to lick his cowlick down and it just wouldn't work. He chuckled at her laughter. It probably sprang right back up.

He sniffed at the nettle. Wrinkling hia nose at the little hairs. He didn't like it. But if it made her feel better.

Mae.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,108 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
The nettle would help with her morning sickness. She often chewed on some of the leaves just to help her not get too ill and settle her stomach. Though now she didn't know if this time her symptoms had been worse compared to last time. Now she had a much easier time because of those nettles. "It is for the morning sickness," she explained.

Arlette thought about the female Arric mentioned. She angled her head and then looked at him. "What is bothering you about her?," she asked curiously. She thought things were good with the girl back home.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
980 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric listened. He bent his head to sniff at the plants. The fur of their edges making his nose itch. He turned his head and snorted into his shoulder. He didn't like that feeling, but if it helped her. He shifted and pressed his nose to her side again. 

A low rumble of a chuckle. You know it's not nice to make your mama sick.

Her next words and he lifted his head, ears cocked. Unsure exactly what to say. She's avoiding me and I'm not sure it's because she's injured. I honestly feel like she's mad at me about something and I'm not sure what it is. I don't remember doing anything to her.

He frowned in thought. Wondering. He was really unsure.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,108 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arric seemed to go as far as to inspire the plant. She was pretty sure it might not really benefit him but still. She shot him a smile when he sneezed. The woman chuckled when he bumped her belly. It isn't their fault, Arlette reasoned with him. She chuckled and then licked his cheek. And I haven't been as ill as last time. I think my body knows, she hummed. Glad for that really, or perhaps it had been the nettles.

Then there was the matter of Mae. Are you sure she is avoiding you? Well, maybe you can ask Akavir. She seems to hang out with him a lot perhaps he knows? Arlette wasn't too familiar with Mae. They had worked on the garden, but she hadn't want her to heal her. So she wasn't sure where she stood with the yearling. But she knew little about how she felt towards Arric. You can always find Mae and just ask her if you did something wrong.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
980 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric smiled. A devilish gleam in his eye
 But he didn't say anything. He enjoyed their banter. It was as easy as it was with the other members of the creek at least those he spoke too.

Arric frowned. Their relationship has always been tenuous. I don't want to cause issues by drawing him into my headspace.

Arric smiled softly. Mae can be defensive if she thinks you're accusing and shes so raw amd vulnerable right now.

He snorted. Poor Mae. I hate that this happened to her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,108 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
She loved the cheeky smile on her maw. She shot him a look and couldn't help but feel things flutter in her stomach. He was handsome. The topic though, was more serious and she tried to school herself a little.

"I am afraid that you will have to accept it for now then," she admitted. "I'm sorry she hurt your feelings and I hope she turns around. I hope that she will be open to socialize with me as well," she spoke. It would be nice to have some female company. Her chat with Reverie had done her well. She had already told Arric about that when she saw him after meeting her.

"Soon you with have a whole litter of fluffs that will adore you as their super dad," she hummed, wanting to make him feel a little better.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
980 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He blinked eyes growing unfocused. Keep looking at me like that lovebug and we gonna have to find some bushes. 

He shook his head. Clearing his mind of the places it went. Or at least trying too.

She should be. Just with Mae she says whatever is on her mind. So try not to take it too heart too deeply. And she unfortunately picked up my swearing habit.

He chuckled his nose going to her side again. Hear that little fluffs. I'm super dad.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,108 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette actually had to laugh out loud at that one. Bushes. Nah. Everyone knows we are mated, she grinned, knowing it was a little cheeky of her to say that out loud. After her heat, and just in general as a healer she had little shame as such things were very natural after all.

The last time I spoke to her, before the injury, she was actually quite kind, Arlette hummed. So she knew there was something of that inside of her. Oh, I know. She is Akavir's daughter. Like that would explain it all, and in someway it did. I will do my best. I got even the worst wolves to like me. I'm not worried. The pale woman shot him a look about the swearing. It wasn't like she was already used to it. Though he seemed to watch his words around her, it wasn't needed. She liked him all the same.

Arlette had to grin. Super dad, she repeated because she agreed.

Wait till Arlette is close to exploding, I wonder if he still feels like a super dad then xD
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
980 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric offered her a cheeky grin. I married an exhibitionist. Who woulda thunk it.

He teased her gently. Pressing a quick kiss to her head.

He nodded his head.She is usually. And I'd neverctell her, but she is so much like her dad. he chuckled.

He couldn't quite hide the ornery grin when she shot him a look. His smile growing wider at her repeat of super dad. He hoped so.