Herbalists' Cache Got caught, both hands on the smoking gun
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
1,115 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
They had departed the willowed forest and began the trek home. The outcome of his visit had been the last thing he had expected to occur—and for the first hour or so the man felt he walked on eggshells. As if anything he said would change her mind—would remind her she despised him.

Would turn her from him.

But the warmth in the sun begun to stir relaxation into the Mayfair’s taut muscles—the reminder that spring was now upon them, and soon, the leaves would return their world to the lush paradise he longed for.

An ear flickered in the direction of the girl’s voice—a thoughtful rumble escaping him as he considered his words, though he did maintain pace. She felt her eyes upon him, and he dared a glance to her as well. “I was born in the creek… My parents left it behind and I dispersed from them. That’s where I met Ibis… my mate. I went to live on the mountain with her in… a kingdom of sorts, I suppose, where she birthed our girls, Arielle and Lilitu.”

It was hard to withhold the disdain in his voice when he spoke of the Empire. The corruption of kingdoms, it seemed, still lived on.

“That was years ago, now. Lilitu found me when I first was reclaiming the creek. She said she would return—but she only did so now.” The corner of his lips flickered downward as regret flooded him. He had known something was wrong—he had searched for her. He had failed, again. “She endured a bear attack. But she’s home now. I haven't seen Arielle since she was about your age, if not younger.” Again, regret. Again, the haunting of guilt shrouded his features. "She went missing, when we tried to found ourselves a new home and pack. The Empire... I had to get the girls and Ibis away from its corruption. When I went to look for her, I got injured, and separated from them all..."
Messages In This Thread
Got caught, both hands on the smoking gun - by Mae - March 30, 2024, 07:31 PM
RE: Got caught, both hands on the smoking gun - by Akavir - April 03, 2024, 02:15 PM
RE: Got caught, both hands on the smoking gun - by Mae - April 03, 2024, 02:51 PM
RE: Got caught, both hands on the smoking gun - by Mae - April 05, 2024, 01:06 PM
RE: Got caught, both hands on the smoking gun - by Mae - April 24, 2024, 12:48 PM
RE: Got caught, both hands on the smoking gun - by Akavir - August 05, 2024, 01:14 PM