Two Eyes Cenote ninety-sixth
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Germanicus was dead—

—Interesting. He wondered what Silvertongue would think of the news… He would never be the one to deliver it. Wren would never allow it—neither would even want to hear it from him. But, perhaps, a more neutral acquaintance…

But then again, he couldn’t protect her.

Senmut mentioned Moontide—singing for the dead—and he looked skyward for a moment, not wishing to study the expression on the man’s face as they spoke of his daughter—unsure if he felt kinmanship at the idea of Akashingo singing for Lilitu, or contempt.

He was trying very hard to not unleash any of his emotions in regards to his eldest daughter on anyone—especially himself. And thus: “You won’t find the wolves of the valley singing for Germanicus,” he mused darkly, the only bitterness upon his features found in the corner of his downturned mouth.

Senmut wished a brief explanation of his ties to Eset—

—and yet wondered of his investment to her, and why he remained so far from home.

“Eset and I lay together during her time,” he acknowledged, once more turning his gaze back to the man—studying him—searching for the man behind the mask before him and failing to read anything. “I only happened upon her now when I heard her screams. And then…”

And then the blood. And the chaos. And… what could have been, asunder.

“I joined a kingdom, once. The politics… The deception… To protect my wife and my daughters, I took them from the mountain. It wasn’t a life I wanted them to be bound to…” He gave a laugh—humorless—a paw lifting to wash over his face. “Imagine my shock when Lilitu told me she had found her way to another kingdom—Akashingo. The very one who made trades with men like Germanicus for pleasure servants.”

He was tired—he was so tired. “Eset is… Eset deserves the world.”
Messages In This Thread
ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 12, 2024, 06:36 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 13, 2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 13, 2024, 02:47 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 13, 2024, 03:08 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 13, 2024, 03:21 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 13, 2024, 03:45 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 13, 2024, 05:49 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 13, 2024, 09:31 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 14, 2024, 10:50 AM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 14, 2024, 04:58 PM