Two Eyes Cenote ninety-sixth
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
1,095 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
If Senmut had been hard to read, it did not change in the darkening of an expression—the shift of his weight, and the way in which he spoke of Toula. Akavir considered this—gaze scouring the man before him, withholding the urge to curl a lip at the veiled warning within the mans words.

They were not a threat—but it was a clear misstep of culture, and Akair dipped his muzzle slightly, taking the admonishment for what it was—an offering of their expectations, particularly whilst in their borders and home. “My apologies,” he offered, his gaze falling to the waters the other man’s skirted over from time.

And yet a question—and Akavir’s tongue teased out, pressing to the cut upon his lip—only slightly swollen now—a cut that would fade. Senmut wanted his version of the story—Akavir’s own gaze darkened. Isn’t that why he was here, now, playing nicely?

To check on Eset?

“I was in the desert. I left my home for space—I told myself I would find Lilitu’s body and bring her home… But I went the opposite way. I don’t know why,” he shrugged—partially horrified he was even divulging this information—it held no reason to what had occurred.

“I heard a scream. It was… I went toward the sound and it was Eset. Another woman stood over her—there was blood—I panicked. I made to drive her away.”

A pause—his tone shifting to the monotony of retelling a story. “It was pure chaos. Eset was screaming to be left alone… Another woman came—trying to protect Eset. Jodai? Another man came—I was pushed aside, and the original one, the one who is working to save her… She insisted she needed space—she asked for water, for Eset. The man—Mazoi?—was ordered to detain me. No one was listening to Eset or the healer.” His features darkened, his eyes now falling to Senmut. “I told you’re Jodai to get the fucking water. She didn’t much appreciate that… There was a lot of posturing. Another man came along—he laid poison in front of Eset, as if pretending it would heal her?” He paused, tongue sweeping over his lips once more, his throat dry.

“Eset called him out on it—she ordered the Mazoi to release me. You’re Jodai was insistent I was to go to Akashingo with her. She wanted to know more about the man who had impregnated their Hebset.” Never mind that their hebset was bleeding all over the sanded dunes…

“Your Mazoi released me. I went to take the mossball offered to get water for Eset… You’re Jodai sucker punched me before I could. Probably because I refused arrest.” A quirk of his brow, a gentle point to the lip. “After that, the man who had brought poison went to attack Eset who had fainted now from her injuries—I pulled him away. I had enough of the fucking circus and carried her here. I don’t know what happened to the other man—nor the Jodai.”

He simply assumed she had gone off to gather her rage—and to return. “I assume she’ll be back to make her arrests.”

A barbarian, according to her. A pig. Lucky to leave with his head on his shoulders, and Eset’s privacy withered and gone, much like the children she almost bore them.
Messages In This Thread
ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 12, 2024, 06:36 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 13, 2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 13, 2024, 02:47 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 13, 2024, 03:08 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 13, 2024, 03:21 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 13, 2024, 03:45 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 13, 2024, 05:49 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 13, 2024, 09:31 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 14, 2024, 10:50 AM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Akavir - August 14, 2024, 04:58 PM
RE: ninety-sixth - by Senmut - August 15, 2024, 11:24 AM